Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Viggen + F-104

<< < (2/8) > >>

apophenia:
Excellent concept Ken!  :smiley:

--- Quote from: Kerick on October 18, 2023, 07:13:23 PM ---... and shorten a few parts...

--- End quote ---

Your conversion may be too far along for this but also I wondered about shortening those TF-104 bits? Something like ...

Kerick:
I’m going to shorten the TF-104 parts and fill in the hump. Then try to move the wings and canards forward. I’m tossing around whether to change out the tail for an F-104 type.

raafif:

--- Quote from: Kerick on October 19, 2023, 08:34:42 AM ---I’m tossing around wether to change out the tail for an F-104 type.

--- End quote ---

I  :-* T-tails.

Kerick:
I'm finished with the stripper.  :o  :rolleyes:

I should just go out and get a new kit whenever I try this. It took three sprays with Easy Off (an oxymoron if there ever was one) to get most of the old paint off. Good old 30 plus year old Testors! The only good part here is it appears I did a little whiffing back in the day when I first built this. I don't remember what the pink stuff was but it stuck on stronger than the paint! It looks like I was converting the ground pounder version of the Viggen to the interceptor version. I had added Sparrow/Skyflash, Sidewinders and a gun. I'll definitely keep the gun. I'm thinking of squaring off the exhaust, adding a cm or so and then moving the tail all the way back like the F-104G. I wonder how hard it would be to build a spine like the late model F-16. It's basically just a rounded off box with a little taper on the ends.

It would look very different with an F-104G tail rather than an F-16D.
This is why there is no quick whiff build!!!!!

Kerick:
A little more good luck. I found two cast metal seats for an F-104G. Now I just need a cockpit for the second seat. I can build that quick enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version