Current and Finished Projects > Aero-space

Viggen + F-104

(1/7) > >>

Kerick:
Another cracked up idea of mine. While moving around a few models I managed to drop the Hasegawa Viggen I had built many years ago. It fel right on it underside, breaking off the weapons and landing gear but not much else. Since I had been tossing around a Viggen bash I pulled out the Heller F-104 from the stash and pulled out the two seat parts. I cut the Viggen at the intake attachment point and checked the fit of the two seat parts. Not too shabby. The Viggen parts are in the stripper bath. Yeah, go ahead and giggle.  :rolleyes:  He's a couple of pics of it taped together.

The wings look a little too far to the rear but changing that would be lots more work. Overall looks pretty good. I'm trying to use only the two seater parts from the Heller kit so I can build the single seater some day. I'm looking at the tail fin and thinking if I should switch it with a new taller one in the shape of the F-104G tail. Hmmmm, more work.

raafif:
 :smiley: needs canards ;)

finsrin:

--- Quote from: raafif on October 18, 2023, 02:47:15 PM --- :smiley: needs canards ;)

--- End quote ---

Yep.

Old Wombat:
I'm sure the undersides are perfectly aligned but I think the F-104 (front) section needs to be angled down a bit, there's a weird banananana look happening there. :-\

And, yes, it needs canards! ;)

Kerick:
Oh, it will get the canards back again. I’ll probably move both of the wings and canards forward and shorten a few parts. I’ll try to moves the canards and intakes as it looks odd too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version