Current and Finished Projects > Other

WHIF Logistics Containers

<< < (5/5)

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Kerick on March 06, 2024, 01:01:41 PM ---Here's a challenge for a model company. A simple cardboard box, maybe a little squashed or bulged at the sides. Some simple black decals for the labels. I don't recall ever seeing that.
I suppose I could do it myself but I would like to see how complicated it could be.
--- End quote ---
There was a recent 1/35th scale product made available in resin of cardboard boxes with dents and folds that was reported on at ScaleMates.com.  Some with end flaps that were folded wrong and others with twine to secure the box flaps.  All for a handsome price too. 

Jeffry Fontaine:
More logistics stuff. 

The first item is a very large crate that was acquired many years ago as an HO scale model railroad accessory.  It was sold preassembled and unpainted.  The crate has been sitting for years and it always seemed a bit "off" in appearance.  I pulled it out of the drawer and added a set of skids to the bottom of the crate to make it "forklift and pallet jack" accessible.  Now the crate looks more convincing as a bit of 1/35th scale cargo. 

The second item is a pair of things created from the ammunition magazines found in the old Revell 1/32nd scale HH-1D/H Iroquois helicopter gunship kit.  Each of these container things consists of a pair of the magazines glued bottom to bottom.  These were then sanded smooth to create a flat bottom from the duplicated top surface features and provide for a new top and bottom surface.  The last thing to do was to create a pair of skids on each of the things and call it done. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version