Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica - Caprica Assault Transport  (Read 8428 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Battlestar Galactica - Caprica Assault Transport
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:18:03 AM »
"Harv" *RNU built and submitted a model influenced by the Battlestar Galactica/Caprica franshise to ARC that he is calling the Battlestar Galactica - Caprica Assault Transport

(Click on image or html to access the article on ARC.  Image source: "Harv"/ARC)

From the few images he has shared it appears that the primary kit used in this project was an H-60 Blackhawk along with some other odds and ends from his parts bin. 

*(RNU = Real Name Unknown)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Battlestar Galactica - Caprica Assault Transport
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »
Looks good.  Invited?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »
Looks good.  Invited?
No, did not attempt to contact the individual.  I suppose I could do that via the ARC forum messaging. 

*** I sent PM and eMail to "Harv" via the ARC forums.  Now we hurry up and wait.  The downside was the eMail function for ARC forums was acting a bit wacky and I am not sure the message was actually sent due to the reaction I got when I hit the send button on the screen.  There was no positive feedback such as stating the message had been sent, or not. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 01:54:50 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
I agree that the primary kit used was of a Sikorsky Black Hawk; there's enough geometry to give that away.  I do like what he's done here and wonder if he used the standard engine fairings as the starting points for the swivelling pods.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:27:30 AM by elmayerle »

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
That's a nifty little conversion.  The -60 does have some nice whiffing possibilities, doesn't it? I'll have to add that to the list when I'm looking for a starting point.