Author Topic: Accurate Miniatures  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Accurate Miniatures
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:47:35 AM »
I could have posted this under Italeri but I know that the model in the box marked marked "Italeri" it actually the Accurate Miniatures model and not some new tool model from Italeri.  Prior to this release of the Dauntless the Accurate Miniatures TBF Avenger was offered in an Italeri box so this is not the first and probably not the last time you will see Accurate Miniatures models sold under a different brand name.  Other examples of cooperation can be seen with the Kinetic E-2 Greyhound in boxes now marked with the Italeri brand and in some cases these kits are more expensive than the original offering. 

Anyway, I digress, here is a link to a kit review of the Accurate Miniatures 1/48th scale SBD-5 Dauntless/A-24 Banshee that is now available from Italeri in a box labeled SBD 5 Dauntless (Italeri - Nr. 2673)

Click on thumbnail image or html above to view. 

Other examples of Accurate Miniatures boxing kits from other companies can be seen with the F2G Corsair kit from Special Hobby that was released in an AM box.  I have both kits in protective custody and they are identical. 

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
Re: Accurate Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:00 AM »
Accurate Miniatures is dead and gone, the current re-boxings are not a matter of 'cooperation'.
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 10:28:21 AM »
Guess I did not receive that memo ;)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Cliffy B

• Ship Whiffer Extraordinaire...master of Beyond Visual Range Modelling
  • Its ZOTT!!!
    • My Artwork
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »
Accurate Miniatures is dead and gone, the current re-boxings are not a matter of 'cooperation'.

Well that would explain why Italeri kits are suddenly so darn expensive!  Too bad AM tanked, when did that happen?  I seemed to have missed the memo as well  :(
"Radials growl, inlines purr, jets blow!"  -Anonymous

"Helos don't fly.  They vibrate so violently that the ground rejects them."  -Tom Clancy

"If all else fails, call in an air strike."  -Anonymous