Modelling > Tips, Tools & Techniques

Homemade Chopper

<< < (2/3) > >>

mailman7777777:
I have the original "Chopper". Whenever cutting something the blade always bends and I get an angle cut. I'm thinking about putting some guides on each side of the blade.

Brian da Basher:
Now that's ingenious! I bet you could start a cottage industry marketing those!

Brian da Basher

Kerick:
That 's a great idea! I have all that stuff laying around, just have to gather it up.......

Cliffy B:
Just make sure properly align everything and drill the holes PRECISELY!!!!!  I found that mine has the tendency to move left to right when cutting through square stock.  Too much slop in the handle so I go to tighten it and I screw up its alignment.... Gahhhhh!!!  :icon_twisted:  Thinking I'll just tighten it extra tight and make a new alignment part to ensure square cuts, don't know.  Might just take it apart and re-drill the holes.

Kerick:

--- Quote from: Cliffy B on January 28, 2013, 10:01:06 AM ---Just make sure properly align everything and drill the holes PRECISELY!!!!!  I found that mine has the tendency to move left to right when cutting through square stock.  Too much slop in the handle so I go to tighten it and I screw up its alignment.... Gahhhhh!!!  :icon_twisted:  Thinking I'll just tighten it extra tight and make a new alignment part to ensure square cuts, don't know.  Might just take it apart and re-drill the holes.

--- End quote ---

Make one hole in the alignment part a slot so you can adjust it, then tighten it down.
I'm using 1.5" x 1.5" angle aluminum for the hinge parts so hopefully the blade will stay square.
Live, learn and improve!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version