Author Topic: U.S. Enters WWII Early (1940) GB Rules  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
U.S. Enters WWII Early (1940) GB Rules
« on: October 02, 2019, 07:13:42 AM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the U.S. Enters WWII Early (1940) GB!

Here are the rules:

Rule 1: Have fun. 

Rule 2:  This is not a place to advocate for or against any 80-year-old (or current) political cause.  Instead, enjoy letting your imagination go wild.

Rule 3:  Entries may be 3d physical models; or 2d profiles, drawings or other artwork; or original stories.  Aircraft, ships, boats, land vehicles are all eligible.  Evaluation will be in two categories: 3d and non-3d.

Rule 4: What Qualifies?  Qualification will be very permissive - as long as you can justify why your entry belongs in this GB, it fits.  The premise is that the United States, for whatever reason, actively enters World War 2 in the early days of 1940 (or even late 1939) instead of the very end of 1941.  Why that happens is open to your interpretation.   If you have any doubt about your entry, feel free to ask - but the answer is probably yes. 

Rule 5: Entries must be new starts or barely started models, drawings or stories.  If you have any doubts about your project, feel free to ask.

Rule 6: Really, you expected a Rule 6?

Rule 7:  This GB runs from 0001 on 1 October 2019 through the end of 2019 - all based on your local time.  I am not inclined toward an extension (especially since we have the holiday modeling season) - but I could be convinced.  Let me know if you would like one. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 08:06:07 AM by Acree »

Offline Crbad

• I'd buy that for a dollar!
Re: U.S. Enters WWII Early (1940) GB Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 11:36:40 AM »
Do builds need to be before 7 December 1941 or can they be a couple of years down the line? B-29s over Europe? Pershings at D-Day?
Craig's Bureau of Aeronautics Design: Shoddy engineering and marginal skill for the undiscerning modelling enthusiast.

Offline Acree

• That will teach you to frustrate the powers that be...won't it comrade?
  • Sentenced to time in the BTS Gulag...
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
They can be AFTER Dec 7, 1941 as long as they are justified by the US's early entry into the war.  Bring on the Pershings!  And B-29s with invasion stripes!

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
I think the GB should end on Dec. 7, 2019.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 03:37:16 AM »
I think the GB should end on Dec. 7, 2019.

I was actually hoping for Dec. 7, 2021:(

So many ideas!

Brian da Basher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:29:21 PM »
Come on Brian.  If the US Military was able to have 3550% increase in the war surely you can do the same in your level of effort... ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 03:24:34 AM »
That was with a 3350% increase...
 :-[
Hanging my head in shame,

Brian da Basher