Author Topic: Tamiya ISU-152  (Read 5498 times)

Offline Feldmarschall Zod

• Kitbasher extroinadaire
  • Holding Pattern
  • I hope that's not the sound he makes...
Tamiya ISU-152
« on: June 11, 2016, 08:35:37 AM »
Greetings everyone.  How is everyone? Been too long since posting any work of mine.  Just the Tamiya ISU-152. A simple out of box build.

Two areas of it did surprise me. The upper front and lower hull did not sit well at first.  The gun barrel. That may be my fault. I think it got out of alignment when I had it clamped when gluing. That is why there is a lot of putty.
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Tamiya ISU-152
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:48:25 AM »
That's like a master class in the art of PSR in three photos, amazing!

Nice to see you back at the bench again!

Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
That's like a master class in the art of PSR in three photos, amazing!

Nice to see you back at the bench again!

Brian da Basher

Thank you Brian. Now I have to motivate myself to put the tracks onto the other side. :o
Every time you eat celery,an angel vomits in a gas station bathroom. Tanks rule. I know the load is late,but the voices tell me to pull over and clean the guns.

• Holding Pattern
Re: Tamiya ISU-152. Before the primer.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 07:15:41 AM »
Ready for the primer now.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
Are those individual track links / track lengths? I thought Tamiya was exclusively vinyl tracks.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 10:40:29 AM »
Are those individual track links / track lengths? I thought Tamiya was exclusively vinyl tracks.

Not any more, they started going to link-&-length for some of their kits a little while ago. Some, not all.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »

This kit comes with them,and the vinyl tracks.

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 07:09:08 AM »
The green is the Ammo paint from MIG. 4B0

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 07:48:27 AM »
Did you do any modulation or pre-shading?... Because it looks awesome. I love that "new tank" oily sheen. Is that an acrylic or an enamel paint?

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 08:01:56 AM »
Did you do any modulation or pre-shading?... Because it looks awesome. I love that "new tank" oily sheen. Is that an acrylic or an enamel paint?
Thank you Frank.

It is acrylic. I did no color modulation. I thinned the paint at a 1 drop of thinner to 10 drops of paint. The Ammo line does not need much thinner. I use Krylon brand grey primer.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »

Thank you Frank.

It is acrylic. I did no color modulation. I thinned the paint at a 1 drop of thinner to 10 drops of paint. The Ammo line does not need much thinner. I use Krylon brand grey primer.

Krylon primer eh? Like this can:

Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 04:42:20 PM »
That is the one.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 05:51:02 AM »
You've got an amazing talent for capturing the absolute essence of the genuine article in your paintwork. I can only imagine the skill it takes to have such a deft touch to achieve those results.

Returning to slopping around with the hairy stick,
Brian da Basher

• Holding Pattern
Re: Tamiya ISU-152 all together.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2016, 03:48:26 AM »
You've got an amazing talent for capturing the absolute essence of the genuine article in your paintwork. I can only imagine the skill it takes to have such a deft touch to achieve those results.

Returning to slopping around with the hairy stick,
Brian da Basher

Very kind of you to say that Brian. :)

The beast is all together now,minus the tools. I am worried as the paint feels a bit sticky to me.