Modelling > Beasts of Burden' (Transport/Airliners etc) GB: 1 Apr - 30 Jun

1/72 Lockheed L-188-75 "Junior Electra"

(1/13) > >>

Spey Phantom:
after buying a 1/72 Hasegawa EP-3E Orion last weekend, i was wondering what to do with it.
after seeing this GB, i just had a good idea.

with many surplus US Navy P-3's in storage, what if Lockheed offered a conversion of these frames for freight and passenger transport. the orion itsself is already a conversion of the Electra airliner (with a shortened fuselage), so why not do it in reverse, MPA to passenger liner.

it would be called the "Baby Electra", due to its shorter fuselage.
as for a color scheme, im currently looking at a few options, including Lufthansa, Sabena and JetAir/TUI colors.

still working out some details, but work could start shortly  8)

elmayerle:
Should be interesting.  I believe some of the P-3 operators have made similar conversions for VIP transport.

Kerick:
Sounds cool!

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: elmayerle on April 08, 2019, 01:02:36 AM ---Should be interesting.  I believe some of the P-3 operators have made similar conversions for VIP transport.

--- End quote ---

The RAAF kind of did that with their TAP-3 aircraft, though I wouldn't use the term VIP.  These were ex-USN aircraft purchased to be used for aircrew training/transport to extend the life of the P-3C fleet. They were essentially gutted inside though didn't look too different on the outside.

Kerick:
Then there is always P-3 fire bombers.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjpalmer/4962285243/in/photostream/lightbox/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version