Author Topic: Don't even think about... Master Box 1/24  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Don't even think about... Master Box 1/24
« on: March 18, 2018, 10:04:59 AM »
I decided to try one of the figures from the new Masterbox Sci Fi series, " At the edge of the Universe. Strange Company's adventures. Episode 1. The first meeting"

There's a review here: http://www.themodellingnews.com/2017/12/masterboxs-new-releases-of-january.html

I picked the least science-fictiony figure, Jacqueline - the lady with the top hat and the odd space boobs. The boxtop says:  "Don't ecen think about..."

I neglected to take pictures of the assembly. Since this was more or a painting and detailing test at this scale, I didn't do much in the way of modifications, other than make her pistol more of a space pistol by adding three clear beads.

Here she is. Crazy eyes and all:

I used the Tamiya flesh "weathering powders" for her skin, which are basically women's makup:

I used a Molotow chrome marker for the stool step.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: Don't even think about... Master Box 1/24
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
You are not kidding about the odd looking chest features.  Might have been better off adding a layer of putty to that section and turning it into part of the jacket. 

:)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »
It's a real treat to see one of these built and you've finished it most excellently, Frank!

Figure painting strikes me as especially challenging and you've totally nailed all the elements.

Your work on the eyes is especially well done. They look natural and somehow you managed to given them a "come hither" type look.

Outstanding!

Brian da Basher

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 08:24:03 PM »
She's obviously a working mother and needs to be able to quickly breastfeed the baby...hence the outfit. ;)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 01:50:11 AM »
Either a space-mom armed with a quick-deploy space-breastfeeding outfit, or a space-vixen similarly equipped with a quick-deploy space-boob lure/trap.

The green suit was painted with Vallejo Aluminum metallic paint mixed with some green ink. The boots are similar - steel with some black ink. She does look like a bit like a female Green Lantern, which was annoying once I realized it.

Overall, 1/24 figures are not that much easier to paint than 1/35.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »
Frank, I was really interested in what this figure built up is like, thanks for putting up and example.

On a very similar subject of "one I have prepared earlier"

This is Kitty Reimer from the Scale 75 Steampunk series, so I reckon the Masterbox version will find a place in my collection as well 8)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:02:37 AM by buzzbomb »

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 07:17:09 AM »
Brian - great job on a figure that's less than half the height - assuming that it's 35mm tall, not 1/75. If it's 1/75 scale, that's even more impressive.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »
Frank 75mm figures, so a nice tidy size, actually around 1/24
They are sensational figures