Author Topic: Lotus F1 space racer 1:24  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Artoor_K

• On the run from Polish Rivet Counters...
  • Use the power of your dreams!
Lotus F1 space racer 1:24
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:43:24 AM »
2240...Mass use of gravity field generators. Modern tanks are using gravity generators to hover over terrain. Why this can't be used in modern race cars?
In march, 2241 first hover Ferrari was born. The "car" looked more like space fighter than racer but idea was accepted and six months later all cars were redesigned or even rebuild. But worst problem was to come...
Max speed of these "cars" osciliated between 800-1000 km/h which means that races can be very dangerous for viewers if "car" fall out of track. Solution? Let's built a track on other planet. Sounds strange but...lower gravity-easier construction-more saved money. What about viewers? Cameras everywhere and live broadcast or passenger stationary spaceships over the track.
In first half of 2242 there was an inauguration of 2242/43 F1 Moon Racing Season. The IFM (Interplanetary Federation of Motor Sport) known earlier as FIA chose Italian area of moon as a starting point for new era of F1. Moon version of Monza track proved to be well designed and despite of criticism of hard-core wheel cars lovers ,interest was huge. Space Racing gathered enormous number of followers and since Monza race, IFM became recognised as a designator of new trends in racing.

To make F1 space race car I'll use Revell 1:24 BMW Sauber. I'll add closed cockpit, repulsor devices , ram engines and additional stabilizers. Photos will appear in next update :) I hope I'll be able to find Lotus decals because I really want to make a car of Charles Kubica (descendant of polish former F1 driver Robert Kubica) , triple F1 Space Racing winner :) If not, then I'll stuck with BMW Sauber decals. Robert Kubica was also a driver in this team.
Sickening, weakening
Don't let another somber pariah consume your soul
You need strengthening, toughening
It takes a bit of dark to rekindle the fire burning in you
Ignite the fire within you

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Lotus F1 space racer 1:24
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 02:46:20 AM »
Looking forward to seeing more.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
Re: Lotus F1 space racer 1:24
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:13:49 PM »
Hmm, sounds a little like the old SNES game 'F-Zero' !

How about ramps for an orbital section - combining F1 with the Reno Air Races!!??  :o 8) ;) ;)