Author Topic: Who wants a Spread Sheet for the Parts Bin?  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
Who wants a Spread Sheet for the Parts Bin?
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:44 AM »
Can I make a suggestion for this thread? It might be more straightforward if we had a list of "still open requests" of who's looking for what in the opening post, then delete posts on requests as they're closed out.

Or, I can set up a Google Docs spreadsheet, something where a sample line would look like:
[USER] [SCALE] [MFR] [KIT] [Parts]
For example, using one of mine:
[Diamondback] [1/48] [Academy] [12215 -E OIF or 12221 -C MSIP-II] [M16, 17, 19, 23, 24 Sniper-XR pod]

Just trying to pitch an idea to streamline "Haves and Wants" a little...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:53:42 AM by Diamondback »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Who wants a Spread Sheet for the Parts Bin?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
Good suggestion.  I will get in and remove any satisfied entries soonish.  If anyone is the owner of such an entry, please feel free to delete yourself.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:01:13 AM »
Folks,

A little while ago, Diamondback made the following suggestion: 

Idea as an adjunct to Buy-Sell-Trade, and I'm willing to do the work on keeping it updated if people keep me informed... on a collectibles board I'm a member of, we have a Who Wants What spreadsheet on Google Documents so we can either check others' wants against our stashes or more commonly keep an eye out (the war between Transformers collectors and scalpers is pretty cutthroat, so we try to help each other out when we can so nobody gets fleeced.). I'd be glad to set something similar up for here...

...to which he followed up with this example:

Greg, here's the doc that inspired my suggestion:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai_584BXHuGrdHNMTXlkQ3pOWWstQTRaYmRTRnl0Y3c#gid=0

Don't know if non-members can view it, but it's worth a try. Failing that, I'll screencap and post that.

As promised, I am putting the question regarding this suggestion to you the members.  I recommend you direct all questions to Diamondback or the Moderation Team. 

The poll will run for 3 weeks and you can change your mind if need be.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »
I recuse myself from voting as the idea's "Project Officer", but it's fairly simple--all you need is a Google account, or if you PM me I can add your haves and wants into the spreadsheet.

For the record, I envision this as being open season, anything from parts to complete kits to aftermarket--I'll build it flexible enough that you can list anything you might want to find, or want to get rid of.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:04:27 PM by Diamondback »