Author Topic: 3D Drawings  (Read 138369 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Re: 3D Drawings
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2015, 11:14:08 PM »
Something like this?

Excellent!  :)

Although going further with mid-life update a la F-104 ASA...... well, interested? ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:29:05 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
Any chance of seeing operational Griffon II's?  Particularly with the same stores fit as a Mirage III?

« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
Any chance of seeing operational Griffon II's?  Particularly with the same stores fit as a Mirage III?

Unfortunately, i couldn't find any accurate 3 view for it, so this is the best i can do at the moment (btw, i thought that using the canopy of the Griffon I would have made for a better operational aircraft):

And an inspiring view found on the net (not done by me):

Regards.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
Love the operational Griffon and Trident  :-*  And good call on the Griffon canopy.
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2015, 07:53:09 PM »
Thanks!!

Here is another pair:

-Atlas Carver

-Fiat-Aeritalia G.95/6

Regards.

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
These are new marvels, thanks!

Offline dy031101

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2015, 11:58:30 PM »
Not really detailed, but done just to get the feeling ;)

In addition to MLU rocket-boosted interceptors, I would like to put a F-16 version into my queue of request to you in light of your great F-16-related stuff  :)

A re-winged and completely tailless one.

With APG-65 nose, DSI, and LOAN...... and how would you think it would be fully-armed for air combat and strike?  ;)

The entry doesn't say if the tailless variant is based on regular F-16 fuselage or F-16XL one...... F-16XL fuselage sounds conducive to the claim of having twice the range as a Super Hornet and can carry four AMRAAMs without the use of pylons although regular F-16 fuselage sounds lighter......
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:02:28 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »
a F-16 version
completely tailless one.
I made such a 1/48 tailless F-16 (the F-16SD Simple Delta) in 2010... in the destruction way of desk-models, after changing home.

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2015, 05:32:19 PM »
Excellent!  :)

Although going further with mid-life update a la F-104 ASA...... well, interested? ;)

And here comes the Aérospatiale S.O. 9050 Trident M (modernisé) ;)

Regards.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2015, 05:02:48 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2015, 09:20:49 AM »
And here comes the Aérospatiale S.O. 9050 Trident M (modernisé) ;)

Hell yeah!  Keep 'em coming  :)

The G.95/6 looks fast.  What were its powerplants to be?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:30:37 AM by dy031101 »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
The G.95/6 actually had 8 engines - 6 x RB.162 lift engines plus two RB.153 cruise engines - see lower cutaway:

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:05 AM »
In addition to MLU rocket-boosted interceptors, I would like to put a F-16 version into my queue of request to you in light of your great F-16-related stuff  :)

A re-winged and completely tailless one.

With APG-65 nose, DSI, and LOAN...... and how would you think it would be fully-armed for air combat and strike?  ;)

The entry doesn't say if the tailless variant is based on regular F-16 fuselage or F-16XL one...... F-16XL fuselage sounds conducive to the claim of having twice the range as a Super Hornet and can carry four AMRAAMs without the use of pylons although regular F-16 fuselage sounds lighter......

Definitely XL based from what i read about it.

HMCS, FLIR, AIM-120 x 4 and GBU-24 x 4 with Norwegian markings ;)

Regards.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2015, 02:11:46 AM »
XLent pictures, thanks! :-*

Offline dy031101

« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2015, 08:49:33 AM »
HMCS, FLIR, AIM-120 x 4 and GBU-24 x 4 with Norwegian markings ;)

Good call adding that IRST!  :)

Would you mind doing a full air-to-air loadout next?  I would like this one without national marking but with something like the aggressor camo used by F-22?

========================================================

That G.95/6...... adorable.

Makes me want to see it with a semi-modern (*cough* Aspide *cough*) or modern air-to-air loadout, too......  ;)

========================================================

Thanks for all this.  :)

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2015, 04:03:13 AM »
XLent pictures, thanks! :-*

Ooooooh, i see what you did there!! ;D Thank you!

1-

2-

Thanks for all this.  :)

No problem, i enjoy doing it ;)

Regards.

Offline dy031101

« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
Thanks.

1-

Badass  :)

Would you mind including another forward quadrant shot (from an angle similar to this or this) that shows the relative length of its nose?  Thanks.

2-

This fits into my fascination of hunter-killer team à la Italian Tornado ADV and F-104ASA.

Actually, it brings me to the SAGE air defense network and Joint Surveillance System (or rather any forerunner of Cooperative Engagement Capability).  F-104A couldn't carry the datalink equipment of the time, but would the technology of 1980s have been able to miniaturize the equipment for use with such small fighters?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:12:16 AM by dy031101 »

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
Thanks.

1-

Badass  :)

Would you mind including another forward quadrant shot (from an angle similar to this or this) that shows the relative length of its nose?  Thanks.

?

Offline dy031101

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2015, 07:52:22 PM »

« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2015, 09:52:45 PM »
A whiff of a whiff ;)

Regards.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2015, 03:27:04 AM »
Oh yeah!!!

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
Nice new planes!
Just a historical question: is the Armada airplane above the Argentinian hero that defeated the Royal Navy during the Malvinas Battle 1982? (called Falklands War by Margaret Thatcher before she receives death penalty 1983, with removal forever of UK's UNO veto right, given to India, France's one being given to Vietnam and US one: to Indonesia, destroying Western aristocratic domination over the World)...
This is a VERY important airplane, so...
 ;)

Offline dy031101

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2015, 02:47:38 PM »
A whiff of a whiff ;)

'much as I became infatuated with this kind of aircraft lately, I become reminded of a story of Yak-38 melting the flight deck during its first shipboard trial......

Do you happen to have VJ-101 and/or D-188A?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 04:00:29 AM by dy031101 »

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2015, 10:31:27 PM »
Gentlemen, i've been tinkering with an idea. Putting together the various talents and all the knowledge and creativity of everyone who wishes to participate, i'd like to "whiff-up" a fictional T-X proposal based on the real program requirements, in a sort of Beyond the Sprues Skunkworks fashion (or Phantom Works if you prefer Chicago).

Starting from a blank sheet, how would you proceed from there? For example: high wing/low wing? Wing sweep? Lerxes? Single/twin engine? Engine choice? Stealth features or not? Canted tails or not? etc.

All of it by discussing the advantages a choice would have on another if possible.

The aim would be to see how close to any of the real participants we can get.

So...what do you think? ;)

Regards.

Offline Tophe

• my models
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2015, 12:34:59 PM »
Interesting project, but... what is T-X program? USAF/USN trainer? with carrier take-off & landing ability? If so, I would choose a biplane layout, to decrease landing speed for the student. And should it be jet-engined fighter-trainer or basic-trainer maybe with turboprop or piston?