Author Topic: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft  (Read 62587 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft
« on: December 15, 2011, 06:15:28 AM »
Over on the other forum that shall not be mentioned by name there was a discussion topic about Pimp My Gun or something like that.  Anyway, here is the link to Pimp My AirSoft

Some variations on the AR-15/AR-10 theme that I created using the link above:

It is simple enough to use and actually kind of fun to build a better firearm in the digital world.  This link will take you to my FaceBook Album Pimp My Gun which contains a few images derived from the Pimp My Gun page.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Instructions on how to use Pimp My AirSoft. 

HOW TO ...

1. Wait for the page to load fully (1 mn or more) until to see "amusez vous bien" box ("enjoy" in French)
2. At the top of the page is a square with a "PIMP MY AIRSOFT" title. That's your work area.
3. At the middle of the page is a selection of guns. Click on a family.
4. Parts will appear at the bottom of the page.
5. Double click the part to put it in your work area. You can also drag it to your work area or around it (but the parts (out) won't appear on the final picture.
6. To delete a part, right click the part and click 'EFFACEZ'
7. To put a part forward an other , right click the part and click "mettre devant"
8. when satisfied with your creation, click the "CONSTRUIRE" box.
9. a Doll Maker page will load, with a small error. Click OK...then your creation is display! Click the diskette icon or right click to save to your HD

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I forgot or neglected to add this link yesterday for the other "Pimp My Gun" page that I had saved to my bookmarks. 

The other page is called Pimp My Gun and it has a variety of firearms subjects to choose from.  This page has seen some upgrades and improvements unlike the Pimp My AirSoft page which does not show any updates.  This page now has a "new" and "old" version to play with.  The new version does not have all of the same inventory as the old version so you will need to play with both versions to see what is offered.

Here is an example of what can be put together from Pimp My Gun with minimal effort:   

TDI Kriss Super V .45ACP with suppressor and optics 

***Edit to fix image links***
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:41:32 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Maverick

• Suffers from 'Fat Fingers' and accidentally locks his own thread...
  • Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
Re: Pimp My Gun and Pimp My AirSoft
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 06:46:20 AM »
Nifty stuff Jeff.  Quite a range of weapons & attachments there.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
I really like the one you made to look like an FLN. Nice work, Mr Fontaine!

Brian da Basher

Offline Scooterman

• Professional A-4 Stalker...and stealer of Rule 3.
  • Even his underwear is embroided with Skyhawks...
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:43:15 PM »
For home defence.  Naturally.

Silencer so not to wake the neighbors.

.45 ACP so not to go thru walls and harm said neighbors!

Light to make sure the poor bastard that broke into my house in the middle of the night won't see whats coming.  Bonus-having light to see cats in middle of night, not stepping on one, and alerting poor bastard.

Green laser because, well you know, lasers are FRICKIN' COOL!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:47:26 PM by Scooterman »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
For home defence.  Naturally.

Light to make sure the poor bastard that broke into my house in the middle of the night won't see whats coming.  Bonus-having light to see cats in middle of night, not stepping on one, and alerting poor bastard.

Green laser because, well you know, lasers are FRICKIN' COOL!

All very good reasons to add the bells and whistles to your bullet launcher. 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 11:01:25 PM by jeffryfontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 04:13:38 PM »
<...>
<...>

You're a very considerate person.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Scooterman

• Professional A-4 Stalker...and stealer of Rule 3.
  • Even his underwear is embroided with Skyhawks...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 12:58:24 AM »
Another one to keep the annoying neighbor down the street quiet, without waking anybody.  (flashlight there again to keep cats safe)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 06:46:33 AM »

Another handy tool for keeping the zombies at bay.  Pretty much a stock .45ACP H&K USP (or was it the Mk 23 SOCOM) pistol with a can and a light or laser under the frame.  Nothing fancy but definitely good for thumping things that need thumping. 

***Edit to fix image link***
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 08:28:33 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
USP
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 08:43:59 AM »

Basically as the first pic of this page but with some cosmetic refinement to the magazine.

The rest of my PMG items here.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 08:46:52 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 09:37:05 PM »
Evening All,

Gotten into the old Pimp My Gun with the following results:

And yes, I do have a thing about suppressors & shorties.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 03:03:27 AM »

<...>

Good thing you put suppressors on those. Otherwise you'd burn your fingers on the muzzle blast (flash would be selling it short). :D

Also diggin' the folding stock on the G3. Friend of mine said he found the collapsible "para" stock on the G3 always a little on the rickety side.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts Moritz.  There were actually cases in Vietnam where ASASR troops took the long flash suppressors off their XM-177s specifically to create a large muzzle flash to intimidate their VC opponents.  ???

Anyhoo, here's some slightly more 'normal' conversions.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 07:35:15 AM »
I don't know, but I'm starting to have a thing for M16 and its derivative, particularly the designated marksman or sniper variants.

Maybe it's because the baseline gun is widespread...... and because I keep on hearing people saying that it sucks....... and therefore I view any attempt to reinvent/redeem the family as positively aggressive.  :D
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 07:39:13 AM »
One of the predominant problems with the M16 family is the direct gas system.  HK (& others) have rectified that with a conventional piston which has resulted in much more reliable weapons.  I also think some of the stigma associated with the M16 family stems from its earliest issues when it was marketed as a 'self cleaning gun' and the problems that came with that mentality.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »
More PMG from me:

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 09:43:46 PM »
Pimp my gun is eating into my computer time quite a bit & I haven't really started mixing & matching that much!

Regards,

Mav
Regards,

John

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 01:35:39 AM »
kind of addictive as I found out myself :^)

Offline dy031101

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 01:42:25 AM »
Okay you people got me going again.

Browning 1911-22A1...... I think this gun could use either a smaller suppressor or a laser aiming device though.

I never got used to the looks of M14 with folding or collapsible stock......
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:17:50 PM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »
Nice stuff Donny.

Here's a few (including M14 Variants):

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »
As I made those two PMG pics, I was also thinking of a character that I used when playing text-based RPG on an anime forum in the past...... and that character is set up as a gun nut who likes to whack her opponents with solid stocks, too.  :D

====================================================

The AR57 seems like a fun idea when paired with a rail-mounted M203......  :kaboom:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:14:25 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
I liked the idea of the AR57.  Given the longer barrel, a 5.7mm bullet should have some decent performance behind it.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »
Evening All,

Some more Pimped guns:

Wishing everyone a happy & safe holidays.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »

This HK wants to be a SPR in its own right.  :D

Since I'm mixing components from both old and new app, I inevitably turned to Photoshop.  :dizzy:

A previously-posted DM carbine with a suppressor.

And Merry Christmas, people!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:14:56 AM by dy031101 »

Offline Maverick

• Holding Pattern
  • The profile machine!
    • My Photobucket Thread
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 06:04:45 AM »
Nice stuff Donny.  I was playing with the idea of mixing & matching parts.  It's just a pity that said parts aren't well labelled in some instances.

Anyhoo, great minds think alike it seems with an SL-9SD amongst others from me.

Regards,

John
Regards,

John

Offline dy031101

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 09:01:49 AM »
What I based that rifle on was actually more of the predecessor SL8, intended to fire the same 5.56mm NATO Mk 262 rounds as the Mk 12 SPR does (hence the "SPR Wannabe" in the name  :D); it does have a heavier barrel.

I mix items from both apps because certain components from the old app either work better for the way I arrange things (for often-occuring example, the bipods) or remain unimplemented in the new app altogether (like handguns and the MC51).  Or, to a rarer extent, vice-versa (such as the transparent magazine on that SG552 Commando in my Photobucket gallery; there is none so I had to modify the G36 one from the new app).

(Meaning the SL8 mod would undergo another Photoshop session once someone implements that thumbhole stock in the new app.)

The only problem is that items in old app don't seem to be drawn to the same scale as those in the new app.  Some re-scaling needs to be done (IIRC, new app items are about 12~13% larger; I can ignore such a difference for mounting mere accessories...... not so much if it was an essential item) in one of the apps before exporting to jpeg.

Would be nice, too, if they implement both the PSG-1 and MSG-90 in the new app.  Then I'd get to do some mix-and-match in a more-conventional sense.  :want:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:03:06 AM by dy031101 »