Author Topic: BISON APC, Canada, 1:35, conversion  (Read 74 times)

Offline Marderman

• Guess what he builds lots of...
    • didi-berlage.de
BISON APC, Canada, 1:35, conversion
« on: Yesterday at 04:27:17 AM »
Hello friends,
To match my Canadian collection, I've taken on my BISON. It's a Canadian APC based on the LAV Piranha. There were various models from ESCI around 1990. And I've also converted a few. I built this one in 1990 as a waterline model. I never really liked it. Years later, I was able to buy an unpainted Piranha at a model show, I wanted to use it for something else. A 5-axle vehicle was still a dream. A few days ago, I had the idea of ​​making 1 out of 2. It wasn't a problem, only half of the tailgate had to be replaced. I'll paint it later. (...write my translater)

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
Re: BISON APC, Canada, 1:35, conversion
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 11:56:46 AM »
Five axles sounds good :smiley:  After all, the U.S. did design a 10x10 amphibious APC.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: BISON APC, Canada, 1:35, conversion
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:20:00 PM »
That ESCI MOWAG Piranha/LAV-25 series of models was always a good subject to study.  So many versions, so many wheel combinations. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg