Author Topic: Tachikawa NF3  (Read 1555 times)

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
Tachikawa NF3
« on: July 07, 2018, 01:19:45 AM »
Normally building for the army, this rare naval venture was quite a success.  Entering service in late 1936 this four gun fighter could also carry a light bomb load and still perform well.  The first 30 needed a hucks style starter, while the next 120 had a winding system but the props remained
unaltered.
The carrier Soryu carried a total of 82 NF3's in two trips to China where, land based, they assisted the land forces, claiming 77 kills in the air and many ground kills.  (Real figure was 28 kills and 11 damaged for an air to air loss of 21.)
Once replaced by new monoplanes in the front line, the NF3 was made an advanced trainer and the last known use was in December '44.

If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.

Offline pigflyer

• If reality is real, give me whatif. Really?
Re: Tachikawa NF3
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »
The doners are listed in the IMAM RO42 post, plus a Hawker Fury prop and a hook from the box of wonders.

If I don't plan it, it can't go wrong!

If it's great, I did it. If it's naff, I found it.

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 03:48:06 AM »
Most excellent and definitely captures the essence of  IJN aircraft of the era!

Great Stuff!

Brian da Basher

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 05:23:01 AM »
Excellent looking 30's era subject. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg