Author Topic: Kits on Shapeways  (Read 62104 times)

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
Re: Kits on Shapeways
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2017, 11:17:08 AM »
Can I make a suggestion?  How about a Blue Streak MRBM in 1/72 and 1/144 scale?  It is something that is sadly lacking amongst the Rocket community of modellers.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2017, 11:47:31 AM »
I keep thinking of an A-10 in US Forrest Service markings rolling in on a wildfire with TER's full of those fire-fighting bombs.  It would make an interesting whif.

Offline Ranchoth

• Has made a career out of building nuclear bombs
    • Ranchoth's Arsenal
« Reply #152 on: October 19, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »
Can I make a suggestion?  How about a Blue Streak MRBM in 1/72 and 1/144 scale?  It is something that is sadly lacking amongst the Rocket community of modellers.

Suggest away, by all means!

I've actually had my eye on the Blue Streak (and derivatives) for awhile, now, but I've just had the worst luck trying to find any decent diagrams or blueprints to work off of so I could make a satisfactory job of it.

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
« Reply #153 on: October 19, 2017, 08:26:44 PM »
I picked up a beautiful 3D printed Blue Streak from a seller on EBay, pretty good value too (the seller also does Thor and Bloodhound 2 in a variety of scales)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2017, 05:10:06 AM »
How about a Japanese ASM-3 anti-ship missile in both 1/72 and 1/48?  It's not operational yet, but that makes it perfect for whiffing loadouts.

Offline Claymore

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors!
  • Alt Hist AFV guy with a thing for Bradley turrets
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2017, 06:05:01 AM »
I picked up a beautiful 3D printed Blue Streak from a seller on EBay, pretty good value too (the seller also does Thor and Bloodhound 2 in a variety of scales)

Who might that be?
Pass the razor saw, there is work to be done!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #156 on: October 21, 2017, 03:29:34 AM »
How about a Japanese ASM-3 anti-ship missile in both 1/72 and 1/48?  It's not operational yet, but that makes it perfect for whiffing loadouts.

Oh yeah!

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #157 on: October 21, 2017, 09:48:47 AM »
Anime appears to be having an effect on real-world projects in Japan. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2017, 03:39:28 AM »
Is there a word for something being a documentary for a subject that's not come to pass yet?  ;D
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline TurboCoupeTurbo

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2017, 03:46:10 AM »
IMDb: Idiocracy (25 January 2007 (Germany))

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/?ref_=ext_shr_eml_tt

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #160 on: October 26, 2017, 05:47:15 AM »
Is there a word for something being a documentary for a subject that's not come to pass yet?  ;D

Futurementary ?
Tobementary ?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 06:54:20 AM by finsrin »

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #161 on: October 26, 2017, 12:06:14 PM »
Mellontikomentary?
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2017, 03:15:14 AM »
10% Off today via promo code.

Today only, enjoy free shipping + 10% off your entire order when you spend $25 or more!

The fine print: This offer includes both a discount offering and a free shipping offering. 10% off discount applies to a designer’s own uploads and models in the Marketplace, for orders containing at least USD $25 before taxes and VAT. Free Shipping on all orders containing at least USD $25 before taxes and VAT applies only to least expensive delivery option. Coupon code MAKEYOURHOLIDAY must be entered at checkout. Code is valid for 3 uses per customer with a maximum discount of $150 USD per order before taxes and VAT. If you order a design during the promotion period that cannot be printed, we cannot apply discounts to future orders (even if these designs are repaired) that occur after this promotion has expired. Code cannot be combined with other discounts or offer codes, or applied to orders already placed. No cash value. Not valid on digital gift cards.

Sale begins November 27, 2017 at 12:01AM PST and expires November 27, 2017 at 11:59PM PST.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline lippischh

• Wings? We don't need no stinkin' wings ...
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2017, 08:57:29 PM »
Hey everyone,

The X-24C is now available in 1:144 here : http://shpws.me/PjIw

As always, i did my best to make it as cheap as possible with a symbolic markup!

Offline lippischh

« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2017, 08:07:59 AM »
The Messerchmitt Me 328 in two variants V1 and B are available now in 1:144:
V1: http://shpws.me/PksC
B: http://shpws.me/PksF

What other variants would you like to see?

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2017, 10:05:56 AM »
Hamza - You may want to offer them in 1/285 (if the wings/walls are thick enough when scaled) since this is a common scale for wargaming

Offline lippischh

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
Thanks for the tip! The Me 328 V1 is more likely to be scalable at 1:285 with some tweaks.

Offline lippischh

« Reply #167 on: January 03, 2018, 03:12:59 AM »
More Luft46 stuff, the Messerschmitt P.1106 in its three versions available in 1/285 :

The first design to be drawn, the T-tail version : http://shpws.me/Pm2o
V-tail version : http://shpws.me/PlZ4
Proposed supersonic test aicraft, a rocket powered version : http://shpws.me/Pmfv

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
I had not seen or heard from Nick (Rancoth) here on the forum or at Shapeways for quite some time.  Turns out there was a reason for his long absence:
Quote from: Ranchoth on Saturday, January 27, 2018 16:36
Yeah, sorry to disappear like this—I actually just started a new job. At a UAV company, as a matter of fact. It's neat work, though I've been working 50 hour weeks for most of the last month, which has been cutting into my 3D modelling time, to say the least.

On the plus side, aside from getting more used to the schedule, it's been letting me build up my grubstake enough to get some models printed for myself, acquire some new research material, and even pick up a couple of model kits to display some appropriate wares on. One of them, a Trumpeter Q-5 Fantan, I'm even hoping to design a mod kit for, to better carry Chinese (and perhaps later on even Pakistani, North Korean, or completely fictional) nukes.

Plus, saving up for that trip to the museums at Albuquerque and White Sands. I might even be able to afford to buy a portable 3D scanner to take along. :cool: Exciting times ahead!

Nick
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2018, 06:03:22 AM »
Another maker at Shapeways that might interest many of you is Pieter Kasselman.  He has a variety of 1:72nd, 1:48th, and 1:32nd scale weapons available.  Pieter has other printed model subjects available which you can check out on his main page Model Ordnance By Pieter Kasselman
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2018, 09:13:22 AM »
Some interesting Sth African stuff there...

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2018, 10:43:44 AM »
@Greg,

Yes indeed!  The Golf Bomb is definitely a nice addition.  I was anticipating having to build those from scratch but Pieter has delivered me from my toils.  Yay!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2018, 03:23:12 AM »
Just found this at Shapeways: 1/35th scale ATACMS missile currently available in WSF material with other scales and materials pending as the maker converts the model in to 1:48th and 1:72nd scale.  :)

Image source: 1/35th scale ATACMS made by Zujia Huang/Shapeways
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:34:47 PM by Jeffry Fontaine »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2018, 01:18:38 AM »
 :smiley: :smiley:  Have ordered a set - will let you know what they are like when they get here.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 01:32:22 AM by GTX_Admin »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2018, 02:34:15 AM »
Ok, it seems that the above kit (specifically the tail fins) is actually unable to be printed by Shapeways.  the designer is now having to redesign it.