Author Topic: Goonie's Sci-Fi thread  (Read 23045 times)

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
Re: Goonie's Sci-Fi thread
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2017, 12:44:00 AM »
Love the WH40k COIN Aircraft. What's that word... Badass?
Where did that propeller come from, originally?

Offline Goonie

• When the guy does a red tank, he does a RED tank!
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2017, 01:07:01 AM »
Thanks guys ;)
Where did that propeller come from, originally?
Well that was a lucky shot, I've got a big problem with obtaining anything big enough from any model I can think of and only because in that time I've been slowly moving in to new house I was buying some wall plugs for shelves and I've found some 'decorative' variants of them  ;D
I'm pretty much sure that you're not gonna believe me so as a proof below is photo of second one from pair  8)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:20:16 AM by Goonie »
sci-fi - the best legal antidote for reality

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2017, 04:49:39 AM »
@Goonie,

Your Hotrod HMMWV Gun Truck certainly has a rather substantial pedestal mount inside for your roof top mounted gun. 

The tires with tracks in an outstanding upgrade for improved traction.  Flat tires are a thing of the past, eh?  :)

Hope you get it finished soon so we can appreciate your finished work.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Goonie

• When the guy does a red tank, he does a RED tank!
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2017, 07:13:21 AM »
@Goonie,

Your Hotrod HMMWV Gun Truck certainly has a rather substantial pedestal mount inside for your roof top mounted gun. 

The tires with tracks in an outstanding upgrade for improved traction.  Flat tires are a thing of the past, eh?  :)

Hope you get it finished soon so we can appreciate your finished work.   
Well that substantial pedestal was actually a makeshift support for roof, just to put all things together for photo session  ;)
As for tires... Well I just doesn't have the adequate one and didn't want to spend too much time on searching for new so I've just take some toy like tires (rear couple) and all 4 from 1:35 Italerii HMMWV (front couple) and then as a filler used some spare gummy tracks from Tiger tank (and yes I know that I'm gonna fry in that special part of hell dedicated for Tiger violators :D ).
sci-fi - the best legal antidote for reality

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2017, 07:20:54 AM »
Outstanding choice for the crew too!