Author Topic: Freightdog  (Read 28468 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Re: Freightdog
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »
From the Freightdog Facebook page:

Just finalizing new releases that should go on sale at Hornchurch this coming weekend, all in 1/72. Prices to be confirmed, they are;
  • Supermarine Swift F.1, F.2, F.4 and F.7 conversion sets with decals (three sets, for new Airfix FR.5 kit)
  • Westland Wessex/UH-34 fuselage length correction set (for Italeri kit)
  • HP Halifax BP turret raised fairing (for Revell kit)
  • Kayara Katsuodori Fighter Ram Jet intake correction (for MENG kit)
All items will go on website next week. The Wessex correction set is mastered by Colin Burgess and will be first new ROTORcraft item since change of ownership.

Here is a preview of the Swift F.2 / F.4 masters, due for release at IPMS Southern Expo on 21/22nd March. I will hopefully have the F.1 and F.7 available to, along with re-issue of our Hawker P.1130 All Weather Fighter conversion based on the Xtrakit Hunter T.7 kit.

Thanks

Colin
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 04:24:42 AM »
Hello from Freightdog,

We Have just restocked on a number of our more popular resin sets, and are offering a 15% discount on all Freightdog resin and decals in stock until midnight on Sunday 26th April. Simply enter discount code RESIN15 prior to checkout.

This excludes items already discounted in the offers section (so no further discount to what is shown on offer items, but you can stick them in the same order). Minimum value to obtain the discount is £10.00 worth of non-offer items.

Please note our Supermarine Swift conversion sets are now sold out.

Thank you.

Best regards Colin - Freightdog
http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/freightdogmodels

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 11:25:11 PM »
Hello from Freightdog,

New items now available to order, included our 1/72 Hawker Hunter T.8M conversion and improvement set, HP Halifax raised upper turret fairing and 1/144 Space Cruiser project complete kit.

Also back in stock, Silver Cloud 1/48 Spitfire MK.Vb floatplane conversion, as featured in the August issue of Model Aircraft International.

See website for details, thank you.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 07:57:13 AM »
Hello from Freightdog,

I have two items to clear, exclusive to Freightdog and available in limited numbers;

AZ Model 1/48 Gotha G.V (white box no decals)
[AZM48060ND] - Price £25.00

Short run injection moulded kit (ex Hippo Models) with photo-etched parts. Please note this kit comes in a plain white box, without decals, for half normal retail price of the AZ kit (RRP £49.99). Limited availability to clear.
--

High Planes 1/72 Grumman TBM-3W Avenger AEW conversion
[HPK072021ND] - Price £7.00

Short run injection moulded conversion set, for use with the Hasegawa Grumman TBM-3 Avenger base kit. Also includes a new resin engine intake to allow you to also use the Hasegawa TBM-1 kit. This item comes without a box, decals are not included.

Thank you.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 08:00:08 AM »
Reference: Scale Modeling World Show

Hi everyone,

Though I would give you the heads up on what I will have at SMW this year. No pictures yet, just waiting for masters to arrive later this week, then it is all systems go. This year I will have the BAC Lightning VG conversion in 1/72, based on the Airfix F6 kit, set will include new wings, stores and main undercarriage for the proposed swing wing version. With a bit of work set should also fit on a Sword F1/3/T4/5 kit, but we based it on the Airfix kit as its the easiest to build and most readliy available. Price not confirmed, but will hopefully be around £15.   

I will have a couple of other small sets, plus new stocks of my Swift F1/2-4 and F7 conversions, just waiting on decals from Fantasy Printshop. For anyone who bought the sets when first released in April, there will be a corrected decal sheet with the new batch, fixing an issue with slightly undersize roundels and serials, I am happy to supply replacements to those who bought the original release.

More details to follow soon. Thanks!

Colin

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2015, 10:49:17 AM »
Oh goody goody goody, I was wondering what to do with my F.6

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2015, 10:10:49 AM »
I said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here: woo! I'm seriously thinking about picking up one of these sets.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »
Colin has posted a picture of the Lightning VG conversion (this is the master):

Looks like the wings are in the swept forward position.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 01:22:29 AM »
Reposted on behalf of Colin.

Hi everyone,

Below is list of all new releases at Telford next weekend, prices still to be confirmed, all are 1/72 scale;

- Swift F.1 conversion for Airfix FR.5

- Swift F.2/4 conversion for Airfix FR.5

- Swift F.7 conversion for Airfix FR.5

- Swift Air Battery proposed rocket pods and pylons (also applicable other post-war British types)

- Lightning VG conversion for Airfix  F.6

- Lightning overwing Matra JL-100 twin rocket pods for Airfix F.6

- Javelin FAW.9 nose correction for Frog/Novo kit

- Beaufighter anti-shimmy tail wheel and leg for Airfix TF.10

- HP Halifax correct sized main wheels for Revell Halifax B.III

- 250 lb S/G MK.IV smoke curtain pods for Revell Lysander

- Douglas D827 Super Etendard and Rafale refuelling pod

- EE Canberra P.12 All Weather Fighter re-issue for Airfix B.(I)8

- Brits Aboard Pt.I decal re-print

I think that is everything. Will post some pics when I have a chance.

Thanks,

Colin
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 04:10:55 AM by The Big Gimper »

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2017, 09:07:53 PM »
Facebook post from Colin this morning (June 19th)

In July we will launch a brand new website, replacing the existing one. It will feature a lot more options and be easier to use, as you will be able to purchase items without opening an account. On the down side the shipping costs will be increasing particularly on orders outside the EU. To take advantage of the lower shipping costs while they last please order from the old website before end of June, and if you order between now and the 25th you can also take advantage of a 20% discount code GIMME20 on resin sets and decals, Stransky Kits, High Planes kits, decals and accessories. Simply enter discount code GIMME20 prior to checkout.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2017, 01:45:49 AM »
Facebook post from Colin (October 12th)

With Telford fast approaching, I'm busy getting ready for my favourite weekend of the year. Of course I'm running out of time, and not everything I hoped would be ready is, but here is a sneak preview of one of the items that should be as its off to the caster tomorrow for a quick turnaround. Much of my new releases focus on What-If projects, so here is one of them in 1/144. This is a conversion to make the first of a series of originally proposed Multi-Role VC-10's for the RAF, initially in tanker or transport configuration. Designed to fit the Roden Super VC-10 suitably cut down to standard length, parts include new forward fuselage with H2S scanner, wing tip refuelling pods and offset fuselage drogue mounted in the rear hold. Along with this set I also have the VC-10 Bomber with up to eight wing mounted cocoons. A set for the air launched ballistic missile role (or Poffler) will follow if sales are good enough.

Offline KiwiZac

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2017, 03:18:58 AM »
Well there's a cool thing I never knew I may want.
Zac in NZ

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2017, 03:34:43 AM »
S&M Models already did many of the VC-10 ideas though these kits/conversions are sometimes hard to find.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »
Posted on Colin's Facebook page today.

My day job has been taking up time recently, so I'm now trying to catch up on projects that were not quite ready for Telford earlier this month.

One of these is a new 1/72 complete resin kit, beautifully cast by CMR. A sample batch were delivered at the show but not put on display. The kit is of the twin engined Supermarine 327, or Supermarine F.Mk.I 'Shrew' as it might have been had it got beyond the mock up stage in 1940. It seems fitting to adopt the unofficial name 'Shrew' as it was destined to replace the Spitfire (the design sharing the same elliptical wing). It has become a tradition at Freightdog that my good friend Mike McEvoy gets to built my new kits first, and this will be previewed on his website www.grumpyoldmodeller.com in the coming weeks. Picture shows original masters by Paul Lucas, I still need to assemble a sample and finalise instructions over the next few weeks, with release likely in January.

Kit (probably Unicraft) builder: Gunther Arnold

Offline KiwiZac

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »
I didn't realise this was an actual proposal. Very interesting!
Zac in NZ

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2017, 01:53:16 PM »
Looks like can perform as spec sheet says.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 06:26:43 AM »
Latest update from Colin @ Facebook.

Some more progress on my 1/72 resin Supermarine Type 327 'Shrew' project. Decal artwork has now gone to Fantasy Printshop and four views are finished. The kit includes 'What-If' marking for the prototype (project did not get beyond mock-up stage), along with suitable roundels for Fighter and Fighter or Photo Reconnaissance options for which optional parts are included. Still on track to release in middle of March at IPMS Southern Expo held in Hornchurch, Essex, available from my website soon after.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »
Latest update from Colin @ Facebook

Some possible Shrew colour schemes, top to bottom; operational F.Mk.I, FR.Mk.I, PR.Mk.I prototype and operational PR.Mk.I. Still a work in progress.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
Latest update from Colin @ Facebook

Going up on the website today, new Canberra tip tanks, and Meteor NF.14 corrected nose for the Xtrakit/Matchbox/Revell kit (both 1/72). This also includes tropical under fuselage intakes (similar to those fitted to the NF.13) which are applicable to 60 Sqn aircraft based in Singapore.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
Via Colin's Facebook page.

Re-issue this month, Avro 720 project multi media kit. Includes resin, white metal undercarriage and vacform canopies (by Rob Taurus). What-If decals for four options included. This item will be listed on my website soon, price £35.00 plus postage.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 07:42:32 AM »
Posted by Colin at the other Forum.

Good evening Gentlemen,

Making some progress towards my Telford release program, not all whif related but hopefully something to interest you.

Just sent new decal artwork to Fantasy Printshop for a revised RAF/RAE P.177R kit, which includes upgraded and new parts, including proposed forward canards. I’m also releasing the Ground Attack parts separately for anyone who has the kit already. Decals include some previously included in the original RAF kit released twelve years ago, and new ones covering Fighter and Ground Attack options in operational and test markings.  I’m waiting for canopies to arrive from Rob Taurus, if they don’t arrive in time I might still release the kit and post canopies on afterwards.

Another revised re-issue will be the Hawker P.1109A with TSR2 testing markings, decals being for WW598 in an overall white colour scheme, and potentially one smaller whif set I’ll keep to myself for now as its last on the list to do and might not be ready.

Factual but with whif potential will be a 1/72 Lancaster ASR.III/GR.3 conversion for the Airfix kit, and an accurate Mk.2A Airborne Lifeboat to go with it. Following on from the success of my upgrades for very old kits, will be a Canberra B.(I)8 upgrade set for the Frog kit with an accurate gun pack, wing pylons and training bombs for all those patiently waiting in your stashes. These will fit on other Canberra kits including the new S&M B.6 kit that might be released at the show.

Last up from me will be an new Injection Moulded 1/72 Supermarine Seafire Mk.Ib kit produced in cooperation with  Kovozavody Prostejov/AZ Model, using their HQT mould Spitfire Mk.Vb base kit with resin parts and Fantasy Printshop decals included in the package.

Sharing my stand as usual will be Dave Little of Combat Kits, who having taken over the Magna range in 2017 will have a few reworked kits available. In 1/72 will be the Single and Twin engine Pioneers, whilst in 1/48 will be the Blackburn Firebrand TF.II and TF.5 (the Firebrand kits will be a small pre-production batch, very limited until production kit goes on sale next year). These kits are almost unrecognisable to their earlier Magna relatives, metal, resin and clear resin (in the Pioneers) now cast commercially, with Fantasy Printshop decals.  The kits have been re-worked by Phil Edwards, who mastered most of the AlleyCat range amongst others, and surface detail is up to a very high standard.
So that is what I hope will be ready, of course several factors could get in the way between now and the show, so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Colin

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2018, 02:27:14 AM »
I can recommend Combat Kits completely.  I've got their upgraded Italieri Sea Harrier FRS.1, which Colin sells, and it is beautiful.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2018, 01:39:41 AM »
Freightdog Telford 2018 release, Avro Lancaster ASR.III conversion and Airborne Lifeboat Mk.2A, for the Airfix B.III kit in 1/72 scale. Picture shows original masters, also includes a vacuformed tall astrodome (not shown).

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2018, 05:10:21 AM »
Where can this be purchased ?

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2018, 06:07:29 AM »
For us in North America, most likely via Colin's website Bill: https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/

Or via Scott Zeiwbak on Ebay who sells Colin's product: https://www.ebay.com/usr/rebelalpha

I suspect it will be available after Scale Modeling World which is November 10 & 11.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:17:19 AM by The Big Gimper »