Author Topic: Brengun Natter OOB Review - A Great Starting Point!  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Brengun Natter OOB Review - A Great Starting Point!
« on: November 23, 2018, 10:04:57 AM »
When it comes to crazy, desperate ideas executed with inappropriate haste, advanced-yet-available technology and a good side helping of Teutonic efficiency, there’s little doubt that the WWII Luftwaffe has to be champion. Be it rocket planes that were more dangerous to their crews than the enemy or stealthy flying wing fighters, the RLM and German industry were up to a lot of different things as WWII came to a close.

One of the more frightening ones that saw testing and actual deployment was the Bachem Natter. This was a VTO point defence fighter, more akin to a “Manned Missile” than any other aircraft that made it to service, except the Japanese Ohka. Of course, in great German fashion, there were all kinds of tests and prototypes! One such machine was the first (and only) manned article, Natter M23. The good folks at Brengun have actually made a kit of this little (and deadly) oddity. Check it out at the link below!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/brengun-1-72-bp-20-natter-mustermaschine-m22-m23-oob/

« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:49:39 PM by Brian da Basher »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: Brengun Natter OOB Review - A Great Starting Point!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 05:10:02 AM »
That aircraft certainly is a great start for...something.

You have a magnificent eye for these things.

Just a point of clarification: are you building one or did you simply want to post the review?

Will be glad to move to a more appropriate section if needed.

Yours in moderation,
Brian da Basher
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:49:55 PM by Brian da Basher »

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 07:19:09 AM »
It's a great little starting point for all kinds of things, yeah. My brother did an air-launched one under an HE-177 years ago (that was the Heller Natter, but you can do that with this one, too). Maybe a German Ohka, or even a space ship comes to mind. Maybe a German X-1, a supersonic research plane with some aerodynamic refinements!

I did just want to post the OOB review. I am sorry I got it in the wrong spot. If you want to move it, please feel free!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:50:11 PM by Brian da Basher »

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 08:47:36 PM »
Now worries, Faust. It can be challenging sometimes to find the right place for these things.

I'll get the e-moving van fired up for the pending thread re-location.

I'm always glad to help and when you build your next model, I hope you'll share it with us.

Yours in moderation,
Brian da Basher
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 08:50:23 PM by Brian da Basher »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 02:38:39 AM »
Some inspiration for a Japanese one here
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.