Author Topic: LF: 1/35 HEMTT Parts  (Read 2732 times)

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
LF: 1/35 HEMTT Parts
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:18:56 PM »
I've got preliminary plans to make a Hard Mobile Launcher and mobile ICBM tractor/trailer set up in 1/35 scale. 

I've already added one HEMTT to the stash but I need another set (or partial set) of running gear for the trailer - it doesn't really have to be HEMTT parts, I'd imagine M939 5-ton parts would work just as well.

But what I'm looking for are the axles, differentials, shocks, springs and other bits associated with the suspension and drive train. I think I can graft them to a new frame, but if you have frame parts gathering dust, I'll take those too!

Thanks.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: LF: 1/35 HEMTT Parts
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2020, 05:01:15 AM »
@John/LemonJello --- Is this still on your wish/want list?  Now that Trumpeter and Dragon have both released Patriot SAM missile kits with trailers this might be the better source for parts. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline LemonJello

• MARPAT Master
  • Member number 100...WooHoo!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2020, 05:51:37 AM »
This is still simmering on the back burner.  I'm going to the Richmond IPMS show/contest tomorrow (29 Feb) so I'll add one of these to the search of the vendor tables.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2020, 05:56:11 AM »
Another possible source is one of those 1:24/1:25 scale trailer kits that were sold by AMT and IMC.  There were one or two that could be cut down to 1:35th scale and give you the appropriate size Missile TEL that you are looking for. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg