Author Topic: Lauhof's profiles  (Read 288357 times)

Re: Lauhof's profiles
« Reply #325 on: May 13, 2013, 01:44:47 AM »
Great profiles! The Dart engined one is a real cracker!!

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #326 on: May 13, 2013, 01:57:14 AM »
Lovely family!

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #327 on: May 13, 2013, 09:42:09 AM »
It is indeed. IHMO, the Fokker-built F3UL-5T is the sleekest yet  :)
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline cptmike2012

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #328 on: May 13, 2013, 11:48:46 PM »
OUTSTANDING Fokker-built F3 Lauhof!  :D  And don't worry about the period accuracy of the markings; I really don't get hung up on that kind of detail.  Afterall, this is a whiff; it's your creation.  I'm just happy that you took the time to entertain my request!  :)

Thanks again and keep up the good work,

CPT Mike

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #329 on: May 14, 2013, 12:34:30 AM »
Lovely family!
It is indeed. IHMO, the Fokker-built F3UL-5T is the sleekest yet  :)
[/quote]
Great profiles! The Dart engined one is a real cracker!!

Thank you all!

regards Lauhof

OUTSTANDING Fokker-built F3 Lauhof!  :D  And don't worry about the period accuracy of the markings; I really don't get hung up on that kind of detail.  Afterall, this is a whiff; it's your creation.  I'm just happy that you took the time to entertain my request!  :)

Thanks again and keep up the good work,

CPT Mike

Hi CPT Mike,

You're welcome. Such a request  helps to evolve the creativity.

regards
Lauhof
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:12:07 AM by lauhof52 »

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #330 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:36 AM »
To select a favorite from this fine series of F3U variants --- its the Fokker built.
Great profiles all  :)

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #331 on: May 14, 2013, 03:31:33 AM »
Thanks more to come.

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2013, 12:39:57 AM »
those look really cool, esp the Ilmavoimat examples  8) id love to see a post war Finnish schemed one with overpainted yellow bands and the smaller roundel in place of the hakaristi, please, being greedy another i think would look sweet is your post war dart engined one again as a Finnish example in overall aluminium (possibly with a small D added to the prefix code as per Morko Morane with the V addition to the MS code ?) the addition of a black British style 'prototype' marking on the nose would possibly work too ;)

many thanks, cheers, joe

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2013, 03:50:49 AM »
those look really cool, esp the Ilmavoimat examples  8) id love to see a post war Finnish schemed one with overpainted yellow bands and the smaller roundel in place of the hakaristi, please, being greedy another i think would look sweet is your post war dart engined one again as a Finnish example in overall aluminium (possibly with a small D added to the prefix code as per Morko Morane with the V addition to the MS code ?) the addition of a black British style 'prototype' marking on the nose would possibly work too ;)

many thanks, cheers, joe

Okay Joe, will work on it

regards
lauhof

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #334 on: May 18, 2013, 06:56:03 PM »

many thanks, cheers, joe

In 1950 when The Finnish government was really busy to reorganize their FAF orders were placed by several companies to obtain new aircraft, although to the treaty with Russia in small numbers. They signed an agreement with Fokker to obtain the F3UL-5T with Rolls-Royce dart engine and assembling them with the Valmet-factory. Here is one of the testplanes which was used by the HLalv 31.

regards
Lauhof

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #335 on: May 18, 2013, 07:04:02 PM »
At the end of the war the F3UL-2E and F versions were delivered to the Dominion countries such as Canada, Australia amd New Zealand. Here are two examples used by the Canadian Navy and Australia (RAN) in the Fifties

regards
lauhof

« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:06:15 PM by lauhof52 »

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #336 on: May 22, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
During the Solomons campaign with the attack at Bougainville island summer 1943 Lt. Chris Magee with his F3UL-2FS from VMF-214 had to make a forced landing on Bonis airfield in the North, but this was still occupied by the Japanese and Chris was made POW before he could destroy his airplane. So the Japanese took it Tokyo for examination. At the end it was send to the 22nd Hiko-sentai for further testing. Here are the two planes.

regards
Lauhof

Offline cptmike2012

« Reply #337 on: May 22, 2013, 03:47:47 AM »

many thanks, cheers, joe

In 1950 when The Finnish government was really busy to reorganize their FAF orders were placed by several companies to obtain new aircraft, although to the treaty with Russia in small numbers. They signed an agreement with Fokker to obtain the F3UL-5T with Rolls-Royce dart engine and assembling them with the Valmet-factory. Here is one of the testplanes which was used by the HLalv 31.

regards
Lauhof

Hi Lauhof,

Could you take the camoflauge scheme from the a/c in REPLY 318 and apply it to this aircraft?

Thanks,

CPT Mike

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #338 on: May 22, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »

many thanks, cheers, joe

regards
Lauhof

Hi Lauhof,

Could you take the camoflauge scheme from the a/c in REPLY 318 and apply it to this aircraft?

Thanks,

CPT Mike

Okay Mike, no problem

regards
Lauhof

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #339 on: May 22, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Hi Lauhof,

Thanks,

CPT Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike,

here is your production airplane from the HLalv 31 in 1955

regards
Lauhof

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 07:54:53 PM by lauhof52 »

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #340 on: May 23, 2013, 02:14:03 AM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #341 on: May 23, 2013, 03:52:21 AM »
Thanks!

Several F3UL-5T's were delivered by Fokker in Europe. here are two examples. One from Germany and one from France mid fifties.

regards
lauhof

Offline cptmike2012

« Reply #342 on: May 23, 2013, 04:32:21 AM »
Hi Lauhof,

Thanks,

CPT Mike

Hi Mike,

here is your production airplane from the HLalv 31 in 1955

regards
Lauhof

[/quote]

Hello Lauhof,

WOW!  :D  That is a really beautiful airplane!  8)

Thanks again,

CPT Mike

« Reply #343 on: May 24, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
The F3UL-5Ts are cool!

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #344 on: May 24, 2013, 02:28:33 AM »
How about one in USAF or Sth Vietnamese markings as a CAS bird over Vietnam?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline cptmike2012

« Reply #345 on: May 24, 2013, 03:15:41 AM »

I second this request.  SEA colors on this bird would be another perfect fit!  I think it would not be long before some of these Fokker-builts also made their way to Central and South America... 8)

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #346 on: May 25, 2013, 01:56:37 AM »

We'll have it a go!

regards
Lauhof

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #347 on: May 25, 2013, 01:57:39 AM »

I second this request.  SEA colors on this bird would be another perfect fit!  I think it would not be long before some of these Fokker-builts also made their way to Central and South America... 8)

South America - who knows... but first some birds from the UK in 1954-1955

regards
Lauhof

Offline lauhof52

• Dutchie
  • The Decimator Guy!
« Reply #348 on: May 25, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »

Okay Guys, here are two CAS Birds, one from the USAF and one from VNAF

regards
Lauhof

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #349 on: May 25, 2013, 05:14:00 PM »
Last four profiles really captured the look  :)