Author Topic: Albion Alloys / Uschi van der Rosten  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Albion Alloys / Uschi van der Rosten
« on: February 12, 2015, 03:48:16 AM »
Albion Alloys / Uschi van der Rosten, purveyor of metal stock for model building and other hobbies.  Some of you from the UK and Europe are already familiar with the product line from this company.  Here in North America, not so much.  The Uschi line has appeared in some local retailers but my first exposure to it was in one of the on-line eStores (Squadron or Sprue Brothers).  I have not seen anything of the rest of the Albion product line but we do have similar products available from a company called K&S so we are not without a resource. 

I would not have even bothered to post anything of Albion or the Uschi van der Rosten except for this product review at Modellversium that caught my eye:

This apparently is something to be used with the metal tubing to create frame structures and it has a lot of potential for creating things like tent frames or perhaps some space themed subject.  The product is called connecto and the product review at Modellversium is in the German language so look at the pictures or run the text through one of the on-line translation programs to further confuse things. 

click on this html link AAC09 - Connecto or the image below to view at Modellversium.de.

(Image source: Frank Richter / Modellversium.de)

***checked the Albion Alloys page and there is at this time (20150211) no information on the NR AAC09 - Connecto product line.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:53:12 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
Re: Albion Alloys / Uschi van der Rosten
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:48:03 AM »
Hey Jeff, Albion is just the UK distributor for the Uschi product.

In the US they are carried by Last Cavalry:
http://shop.lastcavalry.com/brands/Uschi-van-der-Rosten.html

... and Redfrog:
http://www.redfroghobbies.com/products.php?cat=45&scat=388&prodline=Uschi_Van_der_Rosten

Redfrog alco carries Albion Alloys.

Personally speaking, I find Uschi's little Strength Through Joy Mädchen mascot extremely creepy.  :-X
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Online Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 06:49:13 AM »
Sprue Bros. Also carries Albion &Uschi.

Personally speaking, I find Uschi's little Strength Through Joy Mädchen mascot extremely creepy.  :-X

Yeah, it's just a little too much Adolf.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 09:02:34 AM »
Yeah, it's just a little too much Adolf.

I noticed that too when I saw some of the products and wondered why the company chose to go with that particular image. 

Jon,

Thanks for the information on North American sources for the Albion products.   
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg