Author Topic: 1/8 scratch build porsche 904  (Read 1730 times)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
1/8 scratch build porsche 904
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:35:41 AM »
Hi all well move went well new job is going well and I have negotiated a modelling area (well when we don't have guests that is) so gulp I've jumped in to try this scratch build, ive managed to find some profile drawings of the body so I've copied them onto paper and glued it to this ply wood.

I'm hoping to make a former from this as a rough starting point. I'm expecting this to be  a long build, somewhere between 3 and 60 years (but that's just an approximate guess could be much longer ;)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
Re: 1/8 scratch build porsche 904
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 07:00:55 AM »
Oh, this is going to be interesting!  :smiley:
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 08:35:37 AM »
You is NUTS, not nuts!! :o
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 03:25:31 AM »
Well first lesson learned I tried to made a cylinder head and bought card stock of the correct thickness and cut out 15 cylinder bits and 17 fins then glued them together after which they should have measured 10.25 mm well after gluing 10 of the fins together it measured 13 mm so I thought I will compress them in my vice trouble with that was it compressed the cylinder bits but not the fins and ended up looking like this

Instead of how it should look. I can only assume the extra thickness was due to the glue so I think I will have to experiment with different thicknesses.