Author Topic: F-16CP/IP Block52+ ADCUP PoAF - WIP  (Read 5893 times)

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
F-16CP/IP Block52+ ADCUP PoAF - WIP
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:46:12 AM »
Hi, guys.
After building 2 real world PoAF F-16s at the same time and completing my F-16W in the last couple of months, a few weeks ago i've decided to start another single-seat version.
I chose a Revell 1/72 F-16MLU, a C tail (was to get the Revell's parachute extension but i changed my mind) from a Hasegawa kit and a pair of Freightdog resin CFTs from my stash for one more PoAF Whiff...

Nozzle received 15 evergreen styrene strips for some interior detail, something i'm getting used to doing...

But just a week later, i noticed that all 4 Vipers i've built so far were single seaters, i also wanted to have a twin-seat so i dug out the Kinetic SUFA... :icon_swat:

The nozzle got the same treatment as the Revell one, approved by Spidey!

And after all, this is how it looks at the moment...

Ok, so it's obvious that my Acute Falconittis condition has become more severe...

Zen
 :icon_meditation:
"Stick and stones may brake some bones but a 3,57's gonna blow your damn head off!"

Online Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
Re: F-16CP/IP Block52+ ADCUP PoAF - WIP
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:35:27 AM »
Nothing wrong with a case of Falconitis. No cure I know of. Just have to let it run it's course. Of course, we are all here to lend our support

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 04:33:55 AM »
Nothing wrong with a case of Falconitis...

And Spiderman looks quite content with your progress to date  :D
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 11:53:52 AM »
Nothing wrong with a case of Falconitis. No cure I know of. Just have to let it run it's course. Of course, we are all here to lend our support

Thanks! I sure appreciate it as it's very hard to cope with the countless hours of looking through pics, reading articles, forums and almost anything i can find on the F-16... Not to mention the money i've spent on kits so far and my fear that the shopping is not over... My doc said the same thing... that it's something i have to learn how to live with so might as well buy and build the freakin kits to ease the pain! ;D

And Spiderman looks quite content with your progress to date  :D

Yup, he prefers Black Widows but he's cool with Vipers too and he likes these even better cause they're whiffs ... ;)

So, not much done today, but i ended up doing a bit of work on another one of my older stalled builds, a Hobbyboss 1/72 F-18D, probably to become a whiff too. Painted the covers of the instrument panels and sanded some seams and steps left from a bad assembly, to get it ready for the paint stage.

On the Vipers just a bit of paint on the CP's instrument panel's cover and the cockpit's top area in XF-69, and clean up of the clear parts for masking.

The IP's cockpit tub painted with XF-66 and 69. I found that the Kinetic cockpit tub has an edge on the inside to give the seat it's 30º angle, but the seats are just a millimeter too narrow and don't sit on that edge. Guess i'll just a glue strips of styrene with that extra millimeter underneath the seat or on the tub to make it sit properly.

The cockpit will probably be finished tomorrow cause i wanna speed up assembly of the twin seat to get them both into the paint shop at the same time. The scheme will be the same so i'll save some time and materials, and will make it easier to get the exact same finish on both. :)

Zen
"Stick and stones may brake some bones but a 3,57's gonna blow your damn head off!"

Online Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
Next one should have a Spiderman paint scheme.

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:12:52 AM »
Next one should have a Spiderman paint scheme.

Maybe... ;)

Today got the cockpit of the F-16IP finished and closed the fuselage, the seats go in later.  :)

Zen

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
Re: F-16CP/DP Block52+ ADCUP PoAF - WIP
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:05 AM »
Small update of some small work...

Since i got the sprue with the missing parts from Kinetic, i've been thinking and decided to keep all the F-16I SUFA specific bits to use on future whifs, so to keep variant coherence, the twin seat Viper was downgraded to D standard and had the corresponding sensors glued on.

GPS antenna for the CP...

Forward looking sensors for the DP...

That's all for now...

Zen

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 07:54:38 AM »
Ok, so after a few builds were cleared off the bench, it's time to get back to these babies, yesterday was airbrush day, white on the DP's intake, most of the landing gear components, wheels, gear bays and doors of the CP too...

And today i assembled the DP's intake, which needed a bit of convincing to stay together...

And will need putty on those internal seams...  :icon_crap:
I'm just finishing a real world 1/48 P-40B of the AVG for a Shark's mouth GB i'm moderating on a Portuguese forum, so i'll be devoting much more attention to this pair in a very short time.

Zen

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 06:48:38 PM »
Uh? There is a discrepancy somewhere... With this incredible level of details in the cockpit, this must be 1/24th scale, but the fingers are so big! Are you a giant? ;)

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:13:58 AM »
Uh? There is a discrepancy somewhere... With this incredible level of details in the cockpit, this must be 1/24th scale, but the fingers are so big! Are you a giant? ;)

Thanks, Tophe!  :) Well, being only 1,67m (5,5ft) tall, i could be considered a giant... to ants! ;D
I have to admit i was happy with how the twin-seat tub came out, i normally find it very difficult to paint 1/72 cockpits but, this one was an exception.
The detail of the kit's cockpit is very good, i'll try to get a better pic when the seats are in there. I believe the Kinetic F-16 kits have some of the best cockpit details in 1/72 kits, a bit better than Revell's, which is Ok but now, the best is Tamiya.
Re the intake, i've managed to get rid of the internal gaps, i actually assembled it with the intake duct out of place, which caused the gaps. I disassembled the intake and assembled it correctly...

Cheers!

Zen

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 06:10:42 AM »
Ok so just how much of the work here is Spiderman responsible for, hmmmmm?

Thank you for posting an update. Gave me an opportunity to get in the loop on this one.

Brian da Basher

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 10:52:12 AM »
Ok so just how much of the work here is Spiderman responsible for, hmmmmm?

Thank you for posting an update. Gave me an opportunity to get in the loop on this one.

Brian da Basher

Spiderman is responsible for a fair bit of work on both but he's been slacking out lately...  ;D
Thanks for looking in, i'll be posting updates on these two more often from now on, almost finished with a GB build so more time available.
 :)

Zen

Offline DFZ

• Bitten by the Viper...
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 05:46:04 PM »
Hi, guys!
Long time no post... :-[
 These two have had some work done on them after a few months of GB commitments and clearing out my bench of the older stalled builds.
Since the last post, not much has been done so, still much to do, although i'm trying to get these finished before the end of the month because of more GBs coming up...

Finally, today is time for decals!

Zen

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 06:07:40 AM »
I really like the look of that intake and the paint is really pleasing to my eye.

Brian da Basher