Author Topic: SA Scale Model Expo 2016  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
SA Scale Model Expo 2016
« on: October 12, 2016, 08:03:26 PM »
I'M GOING!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Someone pulled their leave booking & I've got from tomorrow to Sunday off! Woo-hoo! ;D ;D ;D

This weekend, the 15 - 16 October 2016 at  Immanuel College, 32 Morphett Road Novar Gardens SA.

I tried to get leave months ago & it was knocked back, when I found out about the other person last week I put another leave request in & Bingo!
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
Re: SA Scale Model Expo 2016
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:39:55 AM »
Me too there on Saturday and Sunday.

8)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:55:56 AM »
Great! See you there, mate! :) :)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 06:26:36 PM »
Right! Photo's are uploading to PhotoBucket ... Could take a couple of days! :-\

My Fire Support Boat, Riverine Mk.II got a Commendation Award in the Ships category (Although they typo'd & it's now the Fire Support Boat - Wolverine, but, as a Whiffer, I've figured that's the types code name).

Better yet, & a complete surprise when it happened, it also got me the Best Scratchbuilt Entry trophy.

Just as good was hearing a young lad, maybe 10 or 11, saying to his dad "When I grow up I want to be in Fire Support Boat Riverines!"

No 1st, 2nd or 3rd prizes but I wasn't expecting any & what I did get has left me on a ridiculous high! ;D

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 07:16:05 PM »
Obviously something had to go wrong on the weekend & it was my camera. After taking 178 photo's without any issues on Saturday I took it home & chucked it on charge, after saving the photo's to my PC. When it had finished charging I disconnected it & put it on the table to take on Sunday.

Nope, I didn't forget it. Stupid thing took 60 photo's then said "Battery Depleted!" & shut down for the rest of the day. :-X

Photo's here: http://s459.photobucket.com/user/GPlachy/library/SAPMA%20Expo%2016?sort=3&page=1

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 05:39:09 AM »
And well deserved, Mr Wombat,  the FSB looked great in real life, better than the pix and the Marines LAVette looked great as well.
We both had a small smile listening to some feedback on how hard it is to judge whiffers against reference.
Methinks you are overthinking it a wee too much.

I had a good time catching up with my SA buddies, plus some local Melbourne folks who I only seem to see at interstate shows... go figure ???
Managed a Bit of booty but best of all finally, finally got my hands on the Trumpeter 1/48 SU-24 Fencer.. oh and the new 1/48 Trumpeter Mig-27 Flogger

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 08:08:32 AM »
buzzbomb fails to mention that he & uncle les both went home with a little swag of trophies, all of which were, also, well deserved. :)