Author Topic: Mineclearing Flail Tanks for Ukraine  (Read 4038 times)

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Mineclearing Flail Tanks for Ukraine
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2023, 03:31:09 AM »
<...>
I'm not sure but I believe that 'Zittern' is the German for dithering ... though I'm pretty sure that 'Scholtz' is a synonym  :P

Not incorrect, but 'zittern' is used more in the way of trembling, shaking with fear/shivering with cold, while 'scholzing' as in hesitating/procrastinating/dilly-dallying is probably better translated as 'zaudern'...

Thanks for the corrections Moritz. I quite like "trembling, shaking with fear" as a description of what is emitted by the Bundeskanzleramt  ;D

Olaf, gib Taurus!  >:D

Ooo, there's an OT subject close to my heart! Thus far, Kyiv has stuck to agreements on foreign weapons delivered - no matter how idiotically restrictive. Instead of 'scholzing', why not deliver some Taurus KEPD 350 with a prohibition on hitting Vlad's beloved bridge added to the usual restrictions on strikes into Russia proper?

UA could still use Taurus to flatten the bridges connecting occupied Crimea and Zaporizhzhia Oblast ... not to mention any naval arms bunkers around Sevastopol that the HUR MO is aware of  ;)

I should acknowledge that 'armer Olaf' is singled-out as a ditherer when he is hardly alone in that amongst NATO leaders. Also easy to criticize from outside as, alas, I come from a country with little to offer UA militarily ...
"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes." - Agent Rogersz