Author Topic: 1/35 scale human transport  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
1/35 scale human transport
« on: May 19, 2012, 11:37:51 PM »
This is merely an idea, nothing more (run for cover while you yet can!  ;D).

Some day I'd love to see an open invitation to all modeling sites where a year long (or longer) international, multi-cultural, continuous-contribution build of 1/35 scale human transport vehicles of all Sci-Fi genres is put online.   The talent pool is huge.  8) 8) 8)   Yes, I'm aware of some of the Sci-Fi sites but they seem to digress into alternate life forms a lot, fine in it's own right, but this tosses a necessary human element into the mix.   And yes, it has to be 100% original in creation.  No Star Wars/Trek/Aliens/Stargate/Green Lantern/whatever.  All-new.   

So why 1/35?   It sets a standard rule that is very simple to follow and has readily available spare parts by the bucketload for not all that many coins.   And should two created pieces be displayed side by side in the real world it would look better.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:02:47 PM by Daryl J. »
kwyxdxLg5T

Offline deathjester

• 'Remember - Tiredness Kills Hedgehogs...!'
  • His Mother-in-law has Tardis pockets...
    • stormfront models
Re: 1/35 scale human transport
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 03:05:31 AM »
Hmm, nice idea.  Would take some serious lobbying between administrators of the various sites to set it all up with their members, but it is just an extra layer of communication, all said and done!

Hows about some sort of prize for the winners that all the forums put into?  Just to sweeten the pot!

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 03:30:11 AM »
Daryl,

Why not post a copy of this to the "Ideas and Suggestions for GBs/Themed Builds" discussion?  It merits consideration for a future group build. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Daryl J.

• Assures us he rarely uses model glue in dentistry
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 03:56:37 AM »
Thanks, I will do just that, but after my son's baseball game ...we're leaving momentarily.

What I have in mind is more long-term than a GB per-se.   Much much longer.  ( :-* or  :o depending on one's disposition.   ;D ;D )
kwyxdxLg5T