Author Topic: Sunderland TP Amphibian Fire-Bomber  (Read 42915 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
Re: Sunderland TP Amphibian Fire-Bomber
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2020, 03:34:23 AM »
So the plan was/is, to have the doors of the water tank open under the fuselage, these will be quite large so inside will be visible. It will have a cargo floor and most of the tank will be under it, but also four extra tanks above the floor which would be removable for when the aircraft wasn't being used as a water tanker and reverts to hauling cargo. I have a cabin floor I was planning to use and I had bought quite a few packet of styrene strip of various section, angles, I-Beams etc so I could detail by making structrural joists and beams under the floor in the tanks area. One of the reasons the project went quite was about the floor, I had two/three other projects in mind which also need floors so I was trying to figure out how I could replicate it. But recently Carl has helped me out with another cabin floor, which frees up the one I had planned to use here.

Then, just a few weeks ago while at the hobby shop getting supplies, I found they have expanded their range of styrene and ABS sections, they have another rack of Evergreen styrene and the Plastistrut items have almost tripled. I found some items which will greatly simplify the details.

Like these sections below, this is what I was going to do with the angles and beams (cut to make T-bar)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2020, 11:46:43 PM »
mojo just isn't getting fired up for this one ---   :-X

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2020, 11:53:47 PM »
Sorry to hear your Muse has gone on vacation.  Seems to be a common experience for many of us. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2020, 06:54:29 AM »
Go for it Kitnut the concept is fantastic, I'm really looking forward to the final model  :smiley: :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Kerick

• Reportedly finished with a stripper...
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2020, 10:36:35 AM »
What if you simplify the build in the interest of completing it? I should talk, I haven’t finished anything in months. I’d love to see yoU finish this one. It’s awesome!

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2020, 09:30:58 PM »
I had thought about simplifying it, but then as the plan is to have the side loading door open too, I dropped the thought. I'll get around to it some day but right now I've got too much to do around the property (spring/summer is here). I'll ask Greg or Jeff to move the thread back to Physical Models, Aerospace.