Author Topic: A Waterbombing Gannet  (Read 15062 times)

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
Re: A Waterbombing Gannet
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2019, 05:07:41 AM »
Thanks Brian

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 02:57:35 AM »
Mighty good looking build! Love the red accents and the motto.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2019, 09:59:07 AM »
Frank3k
That came out great! The decal is a nice touch, too. I can imagine a smaller fire spotter plane called the "Après moi, le déluge"

Like that Idea, a double play on the same funny,  envisioning a Cessna 337 or Piper Cub spotter.

Hmmmmm  food for thought ............  ;)
I'd go for the 337, the high wing lets you look down easier.  I could see an argument for a Cessna 177/177RG or Cessna 210 with unbraced wings, but the 337 is probably more practical from a model kit availability point of view.  Though, if you decide to whif the aircraft with regard to engines, I can see replacing the Continental IO360s with a pair of Allison 250B turboprops.

Offline Robomog

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2019, 02:44:09 PM »
Thanks Dr Y

Hi elmayerle, your absolutely right, all the aircraft mentioned are suitable, but modern civil avaition is still poorly represented in the model world so a 337 would be most practical. I would probably stick with the Continentals though as I have no idea where to get a pair of Allisons from in 1/72 scale. I have a 337/02 in the Box of Doom so I am sorely tempted to make another fire watcher. (When I have finished my backlog of current builds ha ha !)

Mog
>^-.-^<

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2019, 10:16:50 PM »
Frank3k
That came out great! The decal is a nice touch, too. I can imagine a smaller fire spotter plane called the "Après moi, le déluge"

Like that Idea, a double play on the same funny,  envisioning a Cessna 337 or Piper Cub spotter.

Hmmmmm  food for thought ............  ;)
I'd go for the 337, the high wing lets you look down easier.  I could see an argument for a Cessna 177/177RG or Cessna 210 with unbraced wings, but the 337 is probably more practical from a model kit availability point of view.  Though, if you decide to whif the aircraft with regard to engines, I can see replacing the Continental IO360s with a pair of Allison 250B turboprops.

Or even like this

Offline Robomog

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2019, 11:17:24 PM »
That's Interesting, Didn't know that one existed, could even follow a similar paint scheme for a fire watcher.

Guys, you are really stoking my imagination !  ;) :D :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<