Author Topic: SA Scale Model Expo 2023  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
SA Scale Model Expo 2023
« on: September 24, 2023, 08:13:45 PM »
Possibly a bit late advertising this here but this show is on;

SA Scale Model EXPO 2023

Saturday 7 to Sunday 8 October 2023

Open to public 9:00am - 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday
John Dunning Centre, Prince Alfred College, Dequetteville Tce Kent Town.

Access is via Pirie Street off The Parade West (top right of the Google Earth image).

CFBV

I & three other visitors to the site will be there. So, if you are attending (or even just thinking about doing so) & want to meet up let me know & I'll sort it out.

Cheers!

Guy
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:19:01 PM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
Re: SA Scale Model Expo 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 01:48:58 PM »
Last call for a Meet'n'Greet with zenrat, buzzbomb, rickshaw & myself! ;)

We'll be meeting up at 1300hrs on Saturday but I, for one, will be there almost* all weekend.

[*: I'll be disappearing for a little while on Sunday in an attempt to get photo's of a particularly odd variant of an M3 Grant to build for next years expo.]
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 06:54:23 PM »
Had a great weekend, mostly hanging out with Brian (buzzbomb) & met Fred (zenrat) on the Saturday (he had other reasons for being in the area & couldn't stay too long) but, unfortunately, Brian (rickshaw) was unwell & couldn't attend.

Then today was better than I expected.

The "Encounter in the Ruins" diorama got a Commendation

The Avro Winchester got 3rd Place (in the Unnominated/Scrathbuilt category), and

The (Real World) Polikarpov I-16 Type 24 got 2nd Place

My first ever placings ... I'm quite chuffed! ;D

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 06:55:21 PM »
Brian (buzzbomb) didn't do too badly either!

His is the "ESGF Radar Picket" (2nd Prize)

His is the BSG Viper Mk 2 Blacksun

(This won 1st Prize, too, but the Prize photo was a mess & had to be deleted)

I've probably missed several because he seemed to be walking up to collect a prize every few seconds! :o  ;D  :smiley:

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 06:56:16 PM »
A few of my favourites & a link to my SmugMug album;

And, lastly, this one when I was trying to quietly subvert the Small Scale Multi-Prop category into accepting a Whif amongst its entrants ...  :icon_ninja:

... Unfortunately I got found out & moved. Lucky for them, I say! ;) >:D

Link: South Australian Plastic Model Expo 2023
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:58:20 PM by Old Wombat »

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2023, 09:32:19 PM »
@ Old Wombat and BuzzBomb: Congratulations to you both for all of the wins in your respective categories. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 05:19:07 PM »
Thanks, Jeff! :icon_alabanza:

It's really quite a (nice) shock getting a placing at a model show! :icon_surprised: :D

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2023, 11:49:43 AM »
Thanks Guys, just got back home after the Adelaide trip.

Really enjoyed the catch up with fellow whiffers and few others I knew over there. Some really nice models of the table.

Next show for me is Scalemodelworld as part of this years holiday, so looking forward to that as well

Online robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2023, 05:07:24 PM »
Next show for me is Scalemodelworld as part of this years holiday, so looking forward to that as well

Do you know yet which day you'll be going ?

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2023, 07:28:01 PM »

Do you know yet which day you'll be going ?

cheers,
Robin.

Plan to be there both days.. so much to see and hopefully catch up with some fellow modellers/Whiffers

Online robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2023, 04:29:18 AM »
Ooohhhhh . . .
Might see you there then . . .   ;)

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .