Author Topic: Great potential to Whiff here - Classic Japanese kits!  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Faust

• The man from the Sprue Lagoon...a natural here!
    • The Sprue Lagoon
Great potential to Whiff here - Classic Japanese kits!
« on: July 08, 2021, 09:38:47 AM »
Well, it’s summer time, and that means Hobby Shop Road Trips! Sadly, though, with COVID still smacking my home provice around, it’s not quite to that point. Thankfully, though, one of my local shops managed to buy a whole tonne of old kits, so I’ve been able to recreate the experience just by going across town!

Over the last bit, I’ve managed to acquire a lot of kits I’d not seen before, including a large number of Japanese floatplanes, as well as some WWII and even some Jets from Hasegawa and Fujimi, primarily. Of course, I also picked up some other weirdness, because why wouldn’t I?

There's some great fodder for What-Iffing in here, even if you don't count the outrageous Seiran painting! There's an F-20 in the mix, too, and you know that's always a good Whiffer! Heck... a floatplane Skyraider comes to mind, too...

Check out my latest haul at the link below, and vote, at the bottom of that page, for what you want to see reviewed out of box first!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/japanese-model-plane-score-july-2021/

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Re: Great potential to Whiff here - Classic Japanese kits!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 11:17:39 AM »
Good stuff   :smiley: But now I'm seeing that Hasegawa Frank on floats! (Although that Heller He 112B might look good on twin floats too.)

Favorite line: "See, I can buy nice things if they’re cool enough."  ;D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
Re: Great potential to Whiff here - Classic Japanese kits!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 04:42:22 AM »
Nice score indeed - my local hobby shop started doing consignment sales some years back, and I have had luck picking up older kits like these on the cheap. I have picked up two of the very old Aoshima Zuins just for the contra prop and float. Yeah, the interior is a pair of pegs, but for three dollars, well, it proved useful. (See my "Vogt stays in Japan" build in the recent Pacific '46 GB. ;)