Author Topic: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's  (Read 21515 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's
« Reply #375 on: October 06, 2021, 09:49:04 PM »
I was surprised at how large the Strv-103 is. I was expecting something around M113 Lynx (I don't know why - I knew about the 105mm gun), but its actually closer in footprint to Leopard 1 than a 113.

The Strv-103 was considered an MBT but was a bit small for an MBT.

Here is my Trumpeter Strv-103 side by side with a Hobby Boss Leopard 2A5/A6. If you align the Strv-103 with the external fuel tanks to the back of the Leopard, the hull is pretty close to the same length as the Leopard.

Here it is side by side with a Tamiya M1025.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2021, 01:07:56 AM »
Yeah! I was really not prepared for the size of it, the width especially.

I put a LAV-25 turret on it, and it looks like the guy from Beetlejuice.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #377 on: October 07, 2021, 01:54:01 AM »
Yeah! I was really not prepared for the size of it, the width especially.

I put a LAV-25 turret on it, and it looks like the guy from Beetlejuice.

Cool! Did you post it somewhere? I would like to see it with the LAV-25 turret on it.

I was going to use the AFV YPR turret on mine but it looked real goofy so went with the RWS instead.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #378 on: October 17, 2021, 09:02:15 PM »
Here is the latest iteration of my what if. This is the final design what I am going with. HAHAHAHA! That's what I keep saying but keep changing it HAHAHAHA! Anyway, this is it though. I am running out of sheet plastic so can't change it anymore. I already ran out of the thicker sheet plastic and had to use the thinner one and double up on it to get a decent thickness so the upper hull doesn't sag. As you can see, the new sheet plastic upper hull is just taped on. It needs a bit of refining to fit properly before it gets glued permanently.

I used the Hobby Boss 1/35 ZTL-11 body, Revell 1/35 SPz Puma unmanned turret and an AFV M151 RWS.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #379 on: October 17, 2021, 09:53:30 PM »
So-o, who would the operator be? ::)

A country formerly under the influence of China but now under the influence of NATO? :-\

Iran? ??? ...................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2021, 10:19:26 PM »
So-o, who would the operator be? ::)

A country formerly under the influence of China but now under the influence of NATO? :-\

Iran? ??? ...................................... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Operators would be Earth Federation Forces. I am just doing this as a futuristic AFV and is purely fictional and not based on any specific country.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #381 on: October 18, 2021, 09:25:05 AM »
'Twas a joke. ;)

I know you tend not to build to a country but Chines vehicle, German turret & main gun, US RWS ... I couldn't help my self. :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2021, 03:11:48 AM »
'Twas a joke. ;)

I know you tend not to build to a country but Chines vehicle, German turret & main gun, US RWS ... I couldn't help my self. :D

I like to mix and match to what looks good to me. The thing about what if is that I can do whatever but it still needs to be functional. My what if builds might not make sense with the mixing and matching of NATO type weapons with Russian or Chinese weapons but as long as it looks good to me I will make it work.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #383 on: October 19, 2021, 03:16:42 AM »
Test fitting the Hobby Boss kit tires to see how it sits. The tires look a bit skinny though. Some fatter tires would look better but I don't have any in my stash so I will just use the kit tires. Still a long way to go before finishing.

Size comparison with a Tamiya HMMWV.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #384 on: October 19, 2021, 04:56:24 AM »
these builds always appear to offer up some pleasing alternative looks :smiley: