Author Topic: AIMS Decals  (Read 1831 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
AIMS Decals
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:57:18 AM »
Korean War North-American P-51D Mustangs. Includes RSAAF x 2 inc 'Miss Marunochi', USAAF x 4 inc OH-KAYE BABY' and 'LITTLE BEAST II'

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIMS48D026
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Re: AIMS Decals
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 12:11:52 AM »
Via Facebook.

AIMS

1/32 PR Spitfire Conversions for Revell kits
Hi everyone I am happy to be able to show you some previews of my forthcoming PR IV / PR IG Spitfire set for the Revell Mk II kit and my PR XI set for the Revell PR IX kit. I will advertise when available for sale - there are still things to iron out with the PR IV details and the retractable tail wheel parts for the PR XI to do. Decals are not included as the sets were a direct response to having done a decal sheet that included PR variants but I want to do another stand alone decal sheet soon. The vac-form canopies are beautifully done by Tore Martin of Falcon Industries and not only capture the correct details but also fix the incorrect length of the Revell Spit's rear clear part. Missing from the photos is the small decal sheet for the cameras but it will obviously be included like with the RAF Camera sets. Thanks for looking, John.

Decals are here: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AIMS32D025

Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 09:18:19 AM »
That's excellent news.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 01:18:21 AM »
In not so excellent news, AIMS is going to close:

"John's hands
I was at the hospital yesterday to see the latest MRI reports and received the sickening news that I have the rare Kienböck's disease! 3 out of the 8 bones in each hand have large cysts in them as the bones are being killed. There is no cure and it is progressive. So this together with carpal tunnel syndrome has basically stopped my life in its tracks these last 15 months and it is now impossible to continue with AIMS. I am still trying to process the shocking news and as the only way to slow it down is to do almost nothing I have to decide how best to use the years I have left with my hands as they are before they get worse. I am in terrible pain 24/7 and there is currently no medication to help this condition. It is a bitter blow for me as I had hoped limiting distribution to just Hannants would enable me to keep going but I cannot even fold an A-4 paper in half without difficulty and can hardly drive so I need to make plans to stop."
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.