Author Topic: BAE Hawk, Blue Dolphins Display Team, Atalantian Air Force  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Wulf

• Does a lot of real world stuff..the deviant!!!
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
BAE Hawk, Blue Dolphins Display Team, Atalantian Air Force
« on: February 02, 2012, 05:19:38 AM »
continuing on from the Skyraider i did, im doing another for the Atlantis Group Build im involved in elsewhere

In 1982 the Atlantian Air Force upgraded its fast jet training aircraft by purchasing 24 Hawks to replace its tired and aging Fouga Magisters. This equipped 2 squadrons that comprised the training wing. one squadron would focus on basic fast jet flying whilst the other was advanced/weapons delivery whilst having a secondary role as ground attack

it wasnt long before the idea of a display team was mooted and 5 aircraft (4 for display and 1 spare) were repainted. The display pilots were drawn from the 2 squadrons and the team named 'The Blue Dolphins' after the numerous dolphins that swim in the sea around the Island. Aircraft would still be used for their normal role when not engaged in display duties

this is the kit im using.

picked it up for next to nothing in a deal on fleabay, never had any intentions to do it in any scheme that comes with the kit, it was always going to get whiffed but never had any ideas until now

I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline Wulf

• Does a lot of real world stuff..the deviant!!!
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
Re: BAE Hawk, Blue Dolphins Display Team, Atalantian Air Force
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:21:27 AM »
sorry guys but this is on hold until further notice, must be my shortest build ever  :-\

ive got quite a bit done, cockpit assembled and half painted, wings together. sat down tonight to do a bit more and ive found one small but vital part missing (port air intake)

im hoping that the carpet monster is just holding it ransom and will release it quite soon, otherwise i am going to put it on the back burner and do something else whislt waiting for the part from Airfix

shame cos i was looking forward to doing this >:(
I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel!

Offline ChrisF

• Doesn't mind rough when he knows its gonna be rough...
  • Ham-fisted? Maybe. Master modeller? Definitely!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »
Ive only just seen this one and i was looking forward to it too :(

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 05:38:04 AM »
Any further progress?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.