Author Topic: Withdrawn: Omaha class FRAM, Shipbucket style  (Read 3366 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
Withdrawn: Omaha class FRAM, Shipbucket style
« on: April 29, 2015, 06:46:01 AM »
I figured that I'm gonna attempt this and that so I might as well start the thread now.  I might even attempt it before the USS Yorck entry......

Omaha class scout cruiser is to me very destroyer-like.  And I was born in a country that brought you the real-life version of this, after all.

Also, I've developed a fascination for casemate-mounted guns as a result of joining closed-beta test for World of Warships (St. Louis and Phoenix classes cruisers, currently working on unlocking Omaha class; it's also one of the reasons why USS Yorck gets in the planning as well).

So what I intend to do is to bring the ship to a Cold War configuration- inspirations are likely to be drawn from FRAM of Gearing and Fletcher classes as well as PLAN's Type 051.  I won't touch the gun casemates, but the rest of superstructure and masts will be altered at least in some way and one of the turrets may or may not be landed to make room for a missile launcher/battery.  I don't think there would be room for an aviation capability without loosing the aft gun casemates......

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 11:58:25 AM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

Re: Coming Soon: Omaha class FRAM, Shipbucket style
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 12:31:14 PM »
Intellectual exercise:

The coloured circle represents a Mk.13 launcher......

The aft main gun fire control will have to be moved elsewhere, of course......
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 12:38:08 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

Withdrawn: Omaha class FRAM, Shipbucket style
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 11:57:51 AM »
I made the mistake of saving only one Photoshop file for this one...... and now the Photoshop file is corrupted during a system restart!

Life is so grand......

For some reason though, this one gave me a lot of headaches, and I want to take a break from the Omaha.

As a result, I decided not to attempt to catch up with lost progress on this topic and instead will concentrate on getting USS Yorck ready for the GB instead.  The Omaha FRAM is therefore withdrawn from this GB but will be completed after the GB.

I am seriously feeling burned out by this......