Author Topic: R.V. Resin  (Read 2354 times)

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
R.V. Resin
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:50:40 AM »
R.V. Resin from the Czech Republic has now expanded to include injection molded models. 

A recent release is the 1:72nd scale MiG-21bis "Over Europe" (kit number 72044) which is the subject of an in-the-box review at modellversium.de courtesy of Bernhard Pethe. 

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline upnorth

• Distorting a reality near you.
  • You want maple syrup on that Macchi?
Re: R.V. Resin
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:38:49 AM »
I was eyeing up some of the R.V. kits in one of my local shops a while back.

It definitely looks like a nice kit, but every pitot boom in every kit I looked in was broken in exactly the same spot because of how the sprues had been packed in their bag.

Unless they've changed their packing style to better protect that part, I'd be budgeting for an aftermarket brass pitot when buying one of these kits.
Pickled Wings, A Blog for Preserved Aircraft:
http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague, Traveling the Rest of the Czech Republic:
http://beyondprague.net/

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Re: R.V. Resin
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:54:58 PM »
I was eyeing up some of the R.V. kits in one of my local shops a while back.

It definitely looks like a nice kit, but every pitot boom in every kit I looked in was broken in exactly the same spot because of how the sprues had been packed in their bag.

Unless they've changed their packing style to better protect that part, I'd be budgeting for an aftermarket brass pitot when buying one of these kits.
I had a similar experience with pretty much half of the Roden Pilatus PC-6 Porter kits I purchased.  One landing gear leg was broken in each of the kits and it was the same one each time.  Close inspection gave no indication of a stress issue so it may have been something attributed to how the items were stacked prior to being placed in the box. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg