Author Topic: Revell  (Read 124258 times)

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Revell
« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2017, 03:18:38 AM »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #251 on: August 19, 2017, 05:42:24 AM »
^wrong scale Greg.  :)

Still hoping the Snap-Tite 1:32nd scale HALO UNSC Warthog is better than the prototype displayed at the trade shows...
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #252 on: August 19, 2017, 05:52:05 AM »
Some maybe but others will be acceptable:

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #253 on: August 19, 2017, 05:54:35 AM »
I'll never buy any of those things ---- but what the heck are they from  ----- ?

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #254 on: August 19, 2017, 06:02:29 AM »
Robert, the models in question are based on a FPS (First Person Shooter) video game called HALO (link to HALO Way Point: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us)

I had several versions of the game, was never happy with it but it has a large following and people stream their game play live at sites such as TWITCH and YouTube. 

The models are based on some of the vehicles seen and used in the games.  The 1:32nd scale Snap-Tite Warthog kit that I mentioned in my previous post is one that I am interested in but there are I believe four or five other models soon to be released of other vehicles seen in the game. 

Wikipedia > HALO

HALO Nation Wiki Page

YouTube > HALO

TwitchTV > Directory (put HALO in the search box)

Twitch TV > HALO

Facebook > HALO FB Page

There are also several live-action videos based on the HALO universe where most of these vehicles and craft are seen in use or in the background. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 06:13:09 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Jacques Deguerre

• Older and fatter but not wiser.
« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2017, 08:25:29 AM »
I find it strange that the other two ground(?) vehicles are 1/35 while the Warthog is 1/32.

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2017, 10:47:51 AM »
@Jacques.  Yeah, that is a real puzzle as to why two are 1:35th scale and the other is 1:32nd scale.  Might be due to it being a wheeled vehicle that would fit with the rest of their 1:32nd scale Snap-Tite product line or just because they wanted to piss off the armor modelers and not make it 1:35th scale.  A conspiracy! 

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »
... just because they wanted to piss off the armor modelers and not make it 1:35th scale.  A conspiracy!

That I could believe! >:D

OK, maybe not ;), but it is annoying, as the Warthog is the only HALO series vehicle I really want - in 1/35.

I'd prefer it not to be Snap-Tite, too.

I have a couple of die-cast-&-plastic toys I want to bash into other (very similar) things but a proper one in 1/35 would be very nice.
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
Thanks Jeff for the information. Like I said I'll never buy any of them, they just don't do it for me ----

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2017, 11:38:33 PM »
They're fantasy vehicles from a video-game, so I find whinging about scale a bit odd,
of course I find scale related whinging about most sci-fi and fantasy subjects odd, as there are no
real world prototypes on which to base them or to use as a comparison, and the number of them
in which size is realistically mentioned in context of the story are few and far between.
 ;D

You want to declare the Warthog to be 1/35 then do so, who's going to be able to prove you wrong?
Yes, the Encyclopedia evidently gives some specifications, however, on what are those based?

I'd think that the spelling of Covenant, on the Wraithbox-top would be of greater concern. ;D
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2017, 12:59:33 AM »
Jon,

No argument from me, the whole 1:32nd vs 1:35th scale thing is not an issue as you said, it is all based on a 3D model within a video game where size varies as needed to fit the view and scenery. 

There is an actual 1:1 scale Warthog that was built from the 3D game model that is quite impressive:

Nerdist > Your Next Dream Car: A Real-Life Halo 4 Warthog > http://nerdist.com/your-next-dream-car-a-real-life-halo-4-warthog/
LA Times > HALO4 Warthog > http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-autos-halo-4-warthog-photos-photogallery.html
YouTube > XPlay > HALO4 Real-Life Warthog Exclusive: https://youtu.be/ODKPasDiSkQ
YouTube > Has Science gone to far? > Real Life Halo Warthog Visits Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington > https://youtu.be/28Nggv35TNA

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2017, 01:39:36 AM »
They're fantasy vehicles from a video-game, so I find whinging about scale a bit odd,
of course I find scale related whinging about most sci-fi and fantasy subjects odd, as there are no
real world prototypes on which to base them or to use as a comparison
 ;D

I totally agree with you here Jon, and using a figure to scale something out of a video-game is just crazy. As we know people come in all sizes and shapes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:43:13 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2017, 06:58:01 AM »
New 1/32nd P-51D, suggested Europe price of €39.99, Tower Hobbies (Revell parent Hobbico's US distributor/retailer)
has it as a pre-order $26.95.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/galleries/p51drevell32dw_1.htm

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXGXAJ&D=03944-Revell-Germany-1/32-P-51D-Mustang
conspiracy.”

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2017, 01:27:37 AM »
Halo Warthog pic and instructions:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/rmx/85-1766.pdf

Halo Pelican pic and instructions:

http://manuals.hobbico.com/rmx/85-1767.pdf

Let the moaning commence.  ;D ;D :icon_fsm:
conspiracy.”

Online Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
Let the moaning commence.  ;D ;D :icon_fsm:

Moan ;D

The actual kit is quite different from the earlier images showing the kit prototype on display at the Nurenberg Toy Show. 

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
« Reply #265 on: October 07, 2017, 02:41:08 PM »
At least, from looking at the instructions, it's moulded in such a way that you wouldn't have to
use those kludgy axle/suspension assemblies. The question is, however, what do you use
in their place?
 ;D
conspiracy.”

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #266 on: October 07, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »
I have a couple of die-cast-&-plastic toys, made by some company called Jada Toys, of the Warthog. It has a different weapon mounted which, although a tad dodgy, looks better than the "model" one pictured. The rest of the details also look as good as, or better than the "model". :-X

One day I'm going to strip them down & rebuild them. One may stay as a Warthog, the other definitely ain't! ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #267 on: October 07, 2017, 11:54:53 PM »
At least, from looking at the instructions, it's moulded in such a way that you wouldn't have to
use those kludgy axle/suspension assemblies. The question is, however, what do you use
in their place?
 ;D

Well, you do have those leftover Bandai Hovertruck bits, don't you? ;
And some of those agricultural tractor rubber track assemblies wouldn't look out of place on the Warthog either.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Marderman

• Guess what he builds lots of...
    • didi-berlage.de
« Reply #268 on: November 16, 2017, 06:06:40 AM »
The old Marder A3 is back.

Offline Gingie

• The LAV sausage-maker…goes nice with a home made beer I understand
  • Has been to Tatooine...
« Reply #269 on: November 17, 2017, 11:37:33 AM »
I wonder if Revell would ever do a Roland Kette

Offline Volkodav

• Counts rivits with his abacus...
  • Much older now...but procrastinating about it
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2018, 03:57:07 PM »
According to the 2018 Catalogue as seen on The Modelling News

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/01/revells-new-releases-of-2018-laid-out.html#more

the 1/72 Hawker Hunter is being re-released!

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2018, 06:56:02 PM »

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2018/01/revells-new-releases-of-2018-laid-out.html#more

Yeah!!!! And it is the FGA.9 version!
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #272 on: January 06, 2018, 08:54:16 PM »

At last something to use my Freightdog bits on and to justify buying more

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #273 on: January 06, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »

At last something to use my Freightdog bits on and to justify buying more

Too Funny. I just ordered his Freightdog 1/72 Hawker 'Blue Jay' Hunter F.Mk.6 project.

https://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/military-products/military-aircraft-conversions/1-72-scale/freightdog-1-72-hawker-blue-jay-hunter-f-mk-6-project.html

I just sent Colin an email on this. Maybe he can create other Hunter what-ifs.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 09:16:55 PM by The Big Gimper »
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Volkodav

« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
Yep that's the one I have.

I hope he starts producing the supersonic conversion again, I believe a contractor lost or damaged the masters so not likely, but that's the one I want.