Author Topic: Zvezda  (Read 28654 times)

Offline upnorth

• Distorting a reality near you.
  • You want maple syrup on that Macchi?
Zvezda
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:48 PM »
Yesterday I picked up Zvezda's 1/144 Tupolev Tu-134 and thought I'd give you folks a bit of a look at the kit.

Good impressions started in the packaging. Zvezda seems to be using a good strong box with the art on a slip cover. I think it's a great idea and would like to see more companies packaging this way:

The parts come on three sprues, plus a two part stand:

Outside of the sprues, the kit contains a straightforward and clear instruction sheet and a set of nice looking decals to cover Soviet and post soviet Aeroflot schemes:

The model looks well engineered and thought out and includes options for both glass and solid nosed variants. Where it really shines is in the finesse of some of the finer parts like the engine faces and landing gear assemblies:

The engine turbine and exhaust faces are nice and deep and will likely look fantastic with a dark base coat and some dry brushing applied to them.

My big reservation about the kit is in the landing gear. The detail is lovely, but so finely done that I actually have concerns about it's ability to hold up the finished model

Some pluses, to my mind:

Outside of the nose options, the underfuselage radome is provided as a separate part. Not all Tu-134s had that radome and it's good to have the option of leaving it off if need be.

The three small galley windows near the aft fuselage are separate parts, but all have a nice tab on one side to hold some adhesive. I think this is quite a thoughtful touch on Zvezda's part, not all manufacturers do that with small individual windows.

Zvezda have made some good decisions in regards to what details to simplify for the scale and which to put more attention to. While the kit has nothing to speak of in the way of cockpit detail, the aforementioned landing gears and engine face details are almost lavish for a kit of this size and scale.

Downsides, if you care to see them that way:

Other than my reservations about the strength of the landing gear; I would call Zvezda's lack of offering the cabin windows as a decal option a slight downside. Some people say that looks toy like, but I think some of the clear cabin windows in some kits can look equally toy like. It would be good to have an option there.

The optional stand would be a great way to take the kit's weight off the landing gear, but if you wanted to try modeling the kit with landing gear in mid rotation, you're in for some work as Zvezda has molded several of the gear bay doors closed as they would be seen if the aircraft was parked. As such, you'd need to open up those areas of the kit and scratchbuild some bays and bay doors.

My kit came with an extra set of decals as sort of a promotion for the Czech market. The decals have the Bilek name on them and are printed by Boa, who do some lovely decals. The sheet covers four Czechoslovak Airlines machines from the  "OK Jet" tail art era and offers fuselage striping with and without windows printed on:

At this time, I don't see the sheet available on it's own from either Bilek or Boa, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before one or the other of them do offer it for separate purchase.

Overall, I quite like what I see in this kit. It's clear leg up in several ways over the AZ kit of a year or two ago. I'm looking forward to starting mine.

Pickled Wings, A Blog for Preserved Aircraft:
http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague, Traveling the Rest of the Czech Republic:
http://beyondprague.net/

Offline Litvyak

• Shifting between quantum realities...
  • Althistorian & profiler...& the 1st lady of whiff
    • Dominion of British Columbia
Re: Zvezda
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:28 PM »
Thanks for this review! There's a whole array of Tu-134 decals coming, so I'll be grabbing at least a couple of these kits (RW Malev old livery, Air Koryo), maybe more for a whiff or two!

I love the Tu-134. And, if anyone needs detail photos, I have LOTS!
"God save our Queen and heaven bless the Maple Leaf forever!"

Dominion of BC - https://dominionofbc.miraheze.org/wiki/British_Columbia

"Bernard, this doesn't say anything!" "Why thank you, Prime Minister."

Offline upnorth

• Distorting a reality near you.
  • You want maple syrup on that Macchi?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:29:52 PM »
Thanks for this review! There's a whole array of Tu-134 decals coming, so I'll be grabbing at least a couple of these kits (RW Malev old livery, Air Koryo), maybe more for a whiff or two!

I love the Tu-134. And, if anyone needs detail photos, I have LOTS!

I'm glad you found the review of use.

I might also take advantage of your offer of detail photos if I decide to depict mine with the gear in rotation. If I do that, I'll certainly need some decent pics of gear bays and doors as well as extended wing flaps.
Pickled Wings, A Blog for Preserved Aircraft:
http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague, Traveling the Rest of the Czech Republic:
http://beyondprague.net/

Offline Litvyak

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 12:07:50 PM »
Just checked through my photos. Now, I knew that the majority were interior shots (like, cockpit and "deep interior" - aft of and under the passenger cabin), but now I'm a bit embarrassed to have made the offer. There are only a few shots of the gear, but several of compartments under hatches (and none of the nose gear bay!) :(

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
Zvezda is starting to post their new releases for 2013! I see they've developed a clever scheme to get my money.  ::)

1/144 aircraft - LINK - all new tools except for the Tu-95 and A-90 (both Revell).
1/72 aircraft - LINK - all new tools!
1/48 will get a Su-2, I think.
1/72 tanks - LINK
1/72 figures - LINK
1/35 tanks - LINK
Ships - LINK

More wargames stuff:
LINK - looks like modern Soviet and US figures in 1/72, vehicles in 1/100 and a Mi-24 and an AH-64 in 1/144.
LINK - Soviet WWII stuff
LINK - British WWII stuff
LINK - German WWII stuff

The 1/72 wargame figures are really nice. I've got a couple of the 1/72 Samurai and they're absolutely awesome.

1/72 MiG-29 9.13, Su-27SM and T-90, 1/144 Il-76 and 1/35 BMPT! And more 1/72 Samurai and some nice, modern Soviet figures. That heartrending sound you heard was my wallet whimpering, dreading the things to come!  :-X

EDIT: switched out the Google-translated link for the 1/35 stuff. Damn 'puters!   :icon_twisted: C:-)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:19:00 PM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
Wow. A 1/35 BMPT. I think the BMD-2 is either a re-issue or a they added a new turret. Their wargaming stuff is probably great for its intended purpose, but the "plastic" is very rubbery and extremely difficult to sand/smooth.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
Wow. A 1/35 BMPT. I think the BMD-2 is either a re-issue or a they added a new turret. Their wargaming stuff is probably great for its intended purpose, but the "plastic" is very rubbery and extremely difficult to sand/smooth.

The BMPT will definitely be appreciated when we finally see it on the shelf at the local hobby shops.  I had a dickens of a time trying to open that link for the 1:35th scale tanks none of the other links appears to have been affected except that one. 

Here is a link for the Zvezda main page where you can choose between Russian or English language to view the content. 

I would like to know when this item is going to be available again: ------> German 120-mm Mortar 42 with Trailer and Crew WW2 (kit number 3583)

Seems to be out of stock at the moment with Sprue Brothers and Squadron :(
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 11:18:30 PM »
Wow indeed, right? :icon_surprised:  Really looking forward to the BMPT. Hmm, that BMPT's turret on a Merkava? Could very well be that the BMD has some new parts. They did something similar with a BTR-70 which also came with new parts for a different turret.
Which wargaming figures do you mean? The large packs with around 30 guys or the small ones with squads of 5 guy max? The bigger packs use the traditional "rubbery" plastic, ut I think the smaller ones use regular plastic. At least the Samurai figures do. Got  a couple of those and they seem to use the same plastic as, say, Zvezda's 1/72 Hind or Bf 109F-2.

<...> I had a dickens of a time trying to open that link for the 1:35th scale tanks none of the other links appears to have been affected except that one.  <...>
Yeah, sorry.  :icon_crap: The 1/35 one was the only one translated by Google. Apparently they don't like being linked to. Got a similar complaint in a German forum. I guess they worked on my computer because I had translated the links "manually" in Google and the computer just took them from the cache when I tested the links.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:39:39 AM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »
Which wargaming figures do you mean? The large packs with around 30 guys or the small ones with squads of 5 guy max? The bigger packs use the traditional "rubbery" plastic, ut I think the smaller ones use regular plastic. At least the Samurai figures do. Got  a couple of those and they seem to use the same plastic as, say, Zvezda's 1/72 Hind or Bf 109F-2.

I bought one of their 1/144 LaGG-3. Fairly nice kit except for the rubbery plastic. I've seen a couple of planes and armor in the same wargame line and they seem to use the same plastic. Sanding leaves an annoying plastic "fuzz" on the parts.

I used the BMPT as the inspiration for my Urban Leo tank, so I want one.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 02:49:35 PM »
Now they've gone over the top!  :icon_surprised:

RS-12M Topol (SS-25 "Sickle"), apparently as an injection-moulded kit in 1/72!
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Rickshaw

• "Of course, I could be talking out of my hat"
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
Bah!  They should have done it in 1/35, then it'd have been "over the top!"  ;D ;D

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
^ Maybe. Then again, there's no 1/35 TSR.2 to make whiffing the MAZ truck into a Stratos 4 TEL worthwhile, is there?  >:D
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:59:49 PM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 02:49:15 AM »
Me likey BMPT!!!! :-[
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2013, 03:12:56 AM »
The BMPT is almost here.  Looking forwards to seeing what is in the box when one of the local shops gets some in.  PMMS has an image of the kit box art and a kit number (3636) but it is not showing up on the kit list at Zvezda so for now we continue to hurry up and wait some more...
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 02:14:20 AM »
Arrrgghhh....the new 1/48 Su-2 is available:

And I just purchased a POMK one in the same scale!!! :-\

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16:02 AM »
Su 2 preview on Hyperscale, looks very promising with a UK MSRP of £18.99:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2013/reviews/kits/zvezda4805previewbg_1.htm

“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline father ennis

• I got paint older than most of you guys ...
  • Our Scifi, armour-building Rennissance Priest...
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 06:21:12 AM »
Very Kool !  I want one !
I may be old but I'm not dead ... yet anyway ... !!!    And NO I did not know Richard III !!!!!!

Offline Queeg

• Master armour builder
  • Lost but now foun .... nope - still lost!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, 11:00:11 AM »

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 03:04:13 AM »
Interesting release:

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 05:47:19 AM »
They have a whole series of Art of Tactic wargaming releases, that one is Hot War: The Battle for Oil.
All the bits n pieces for yer own toe-ta-toe in the Middle East.

I wonder if they'll do a Mad Max: The Battle for 'Gazalene' game next?  ;)
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Litvyak

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2014, 02:33:23 PM »
Zvezda. Such Flanker. So excite. Wow.

In other words I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Su-27.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 02:35:01 AM »
1/35 Pzkpfw V Panther Ausf. D announced:

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 02:54:32 AM »
1/35 Pzkpfw V Panther Ausf. D announced:

Knowing of the past collaboration between Italeri and Zvezda resulted in several kits from Zvezda showing up in Italeri boxes.  The Russian PM-43 120mm Mortar is just one example of a Zvezda kit that was released under the Italeri brand name.   The same mortar kit with additional parts sprues and different figures was again released as the WW2 German 12cm Granatwerfer 42.  So is it possible that this is another collaboration between Zvezda and Italeri on this Panther kit?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 03:41:40 AM »
^ I'm fairly sure I read on Zvezda's forum (Google translated) that it would be a new kit by Zvezda, not a rebox. Panther kits aren't my forte, but I don't recall any Panther kits coming with a turret interior and individual tracks constructed like that.
There are a few more pics on Zveda's VK site (Russian facebook) - LINK!

Zvezda. Such Flanker. So excite. Wow.

In other words I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Su-27.

;D
Much have. Very detail. Such shape. So amaze. Wow.

In other words, it really is that good!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 03:52:23 AM by ChernayaAkula »
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:25 AM »
^ I'm fairly sure I read on Zvezda's forum (Google translated) that it would be a new kit by Zvezda, not a rebox. Panther kits aren't my forte, but I don't recall any Panther kits coming with a turret interior and individual tracks constructed like that.
There are a few more pics on Zveda's VK site (Russian facebook) - LINK!
Thanks for the link Moritz, it seems that this will be a new tool kit and not a collaboration with Italeri.  Nice details on the turret interior.  But like you, the Panther is not really in my area of interest either unless it is something to be modified for use in the zombie apocalypse/dystopian future. 

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:55 AM »
New 1/48 Petlyakov PE-2 released

Click on image to see more details.

Here's hoping they will do other variants.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2016, 07:23:52 AM »
New 1/35 GAZ Tigr ("Tiger"):

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
I wonder if that's an in-house Zvezda kit or if they borrowed the molds from Xact or Meng.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 04:42:37 AM »
Big Star Destroyer coming - will be 60cm long: (Set cloaking device to on when Carl reads this)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:25:38 AM by The Big Gimper »

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2016, 02:38:45 AM »
More to the last:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »
Facebook chatter says it will be 60 cm / 23.6" long.
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 04:42:01 AM »

As was mentioned in my earlier post...

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 05:17:02 AM »

As was mentioned in my earlier post...

I think you had a cloaking device running when I posted.  :o

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 05:18:49 AM »
Sure...

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »
I want one of them Star Destroyers. It looks great! I get the feeling that after watching Rogue One the want will become a need.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 04:33:20 AM »
Something interesting for 2017:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2016, 10:18:51 PM »
A good great reason to buy 26 Imperator Class Imperial Star Destroyers:

Imperial Orbital Docking Station Concept
by Ryan Church

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2016, 02:21:34 AM »
 :)

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 05:19:58 AM »
New 1/35 2S19 Msta-S coming:

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »
Released:

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2018, 02:49:00 AM »

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2018, 02:47:15 AM »
1/48 Yak-130 coming:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:48 AM »
1/35 T-90MS is coming:

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2018, 02:51:26 AM »
1/35 BM-21 in work:

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2018, 03:58:16 AM »
1/48 Yak-130 coming:

Now, if we can get a 1/48 M-3446 to put next to it.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2018, 04:11:39 AM »
You were saying...

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2018, 05:43:16 AM »
For some reason, my wallet just started quaking in fear.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2018, 02:45:06 AM »
Boxart:

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2018, 08:06:25 PM »
Good box art! :smiley: :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2018, 05:04:35 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 05:07:28 AM by The Big Gimper »

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 02:48:26 AM »
Three 1/35 ones about to go on sale:

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 04:44:24 AM »
You were saying...

Israel's Yak-130? I did not know about his. ???

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 04:50:34 AM »
Well, technically an Israeli M-346:

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2019, 04:57:30 AM »
 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2019, 07:48:23 PM »
1/35 T-28 Boxart.

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2019, 07:52:15 PM »
T-28 be fine core kit for 1/72 tank.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2019, 02:54:49 AM »
Zvezda new tools (!) for 2020, according to arma-model.ru (LINK!)

Aircraft:

1/48:
- Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik
- Sukhoi Su-57 "Frazor"
- Mil Mi-24 "Hind"

1/72:
- Lockheed C-130 Hercules

1/144:
- Irkut MS-21-300
- Tupolev Tu-134UBL "Crusty-B"
- Beriev Be-200 Altaïr
- Airbus A320 Neo

Armour:

1/35:
- M4A2 Sherman
- T-34/76 Model 1942
- Su-122

1/72:
- T-28
- Su-85
- S-400
- T-90MS
Cheers,
Moritz

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2019, 01:28:37 AM »
Do we know which variant of the Mi-24?  An "A" model would be ideal.

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
  • the modeler formerly known as Nils.
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2019, 03:02:10 AM »
what version of the C-130 will it be, the C-130E/H or a J model?
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:
-various 1/72 TinTin aircraft
-1/72 Eurocopter Tiger (Belgian Army)
-various other 1/72 and 1/144 aircraft

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2019, 04:30:30 AM »
No clue regarding the C-130 and Mi-24. I do hope they'll also release a 1/144 version of whatever Hercules they have planned.

Predicting Zvezda's 1/48 Hind schedule is a bit dicey, as they haven't released much in that scale, let alone a family of kits. If the do a Hind-A, it will probably be somewhere down the line, I think. My money would be on a Mi-24V/VP for starters (as in their 1/72 line), followed by a Mi-24P sometime later. They really took their time releasing the Mi-24P in 1/72 and released a Mi-35M and the Mi-24A in between. With some clever sprue breakdown, those two should also be doable in 1/48 without too much effort.
Cheers,
Moritz

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2019, 02:14:23 AM »
Turns out it is a Mi-24V/VP "Hind-E" with the twin barrel 23mm gun turret:

Hopefully they do other versions based on this kit including a Hind-A.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 02:22:46 AM by GTX_Admin »

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2019, 10:45:38 PM »
Hmmm. I guess the CAD pictures only show the Mi-24VP variant with the twin 23mm turret. Since the kit's designation is Mi-24V/VP, I'd say the kit also includes parts for the - way more common -  Mi-24V with the 12.7mm gatling turret. I'd be really surprised if it didn't. AFAIK, the turrets are the only difference between the V and the VP.

Nice pic, BTW. Interesting colour. Or lack thereof....  8)
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2019, 05:56:41 PM »
It would appear the new tool 1/72 C-130 will be a J model. 

This website, https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/zapowiedzi-2020-2021-zvezda/, now shows an image of a J.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »

A C-130J-30 it would seem ---

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2019, 01:34:10 AM »

Do not rejoice from the roof top until you can actually confirm it as new tooling.  There have been many past collaborations between Italeri with other model companies so it just might turn out to be an Italerir model in a new Zvezda box. 

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Holding Pattern
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 04:17:21 AM »

Do not rejoice from the roof top until you can actually confirm it as new tooling.  There have been many past collaborations between Italeri with other model companies so it just might turn out to be an Italerir model in a new Zvezda box.

Sadly, today's Italeri are quite well-known for these shenanigans. They've re-badged, re-boxed and re-released more than a few old tool kits so they appear fresh and shiny but in the end you're lucky to get new decals. And even the quality of said new decals is often sub-par.

Caveat emptor and best of luck!

Brian da Basher

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 05:12:46 AM »

So what other kit manufacturer makes a 1/72 C-130J-30 Jeff  ???

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2019, 07:19:32 AM »

So what other kit manufacturer makes a 1/72 C-130J-30 Jeff  ???

I looked at the Scalemates linage of all C-130 kits here https://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=134886&p=timeline
and there are only four New Tool entries:
  • Airfix in 1971
  • Italeri in 1983
  • ESCI/ERTL in 1990
  • Zvezda in 2020
All other kits are listed as New Parts, New Box, New Decals or Rebox. Given there are 15 C-130 box brands, many are naturally reboxes.

The first listed C-130J is from Italeri in 1995. It is described as: Rebox (Updated/New parts). It would appear that this is Kit "zero".
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italeri-061-c-130j-hercules-ii--134886

The Zvezda C-130 is now listed as a New Tool. It is not connected to any other kit at this time. Once the kit is released I am sure someone will determine the pedigree.  So we just wait and see.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2020, 02:33:54 AM »
1/144 Tu-134UBL coming:

You know that you just want to stick a Bombay and/or some missiles under that baby. ;)

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2020, 06:08:57 AM »
Just begging for a scale-o-rama'ed Kitchen or Kingfish.....
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2020, 09:52:57 AM »
Or an AWACS fit-out. ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2020, 07:38:26 PM »
Something styled after the Poofler VC-10 concept?

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2020, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2020, 10:44:43 PM »
Poofler VC-10 concept

? ? ? ???

You need to look in one of Chris Gibson's books Guy ---  You'd also have better luck searching the word 'poffler'   ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 11:13:55 PM by kitnut617 »

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2020, 03:08:26 AM »
You need to look in one of Chris Gibson's books Guy ---  You'd also have better luck searching the word 'poffler'   ;) ;) ;)

Indeed - a very interesting read.  Good idea for this kit too.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2020, 08:46:12 AM »
The upcoming 1/72 C-130 appears to be an H model now.

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #76 on: November 07, 2020, 02:45:05 AM »

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
the 2021 Zvezda Catalogue has been released online (in Russian only ATM)

https://vk.com/wall-29859496_2618028?fbclid=IwAR2yywrmSdQC-sI70HK6YWGW99MEa0HLFsf57a_zo2wEl0_zzDXiP6scNUo

i do fancy that 1/72 C-130J-30  8)
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
the 2021 Zvezda Catalogue has been released online (in Russian only ATM)

It's ok, the pictures are in English.

I do so like some of their modern gear, especially gear like the Tracked Radar vehicles.

Plus the old Imai and similar back catalogue of ships like the Medieval Cog and the 17th Century ships

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2021, 11:00:43 PM »
Some CAD images of the upcoming 1/72 C-130J-30.

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2021, 05:42:33 AM »
Found on Facebook. Not sure if legit or fan art.

Offline KiwiZac

• The Modeller Formerly Known As K5054NZ
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2021, 09:49:54 AM »
When a kit does come out, who'll be first to paint it as an X-32?  8)
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2021, 12:19:01 PM »
While waiting for the Sukhoi kit to materialise, you could do an Italeri X-32 in Russian digital camo!  >:D
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
Found on Facebook. Not sure if legit or fan art.

i call fake on this one, its impossible to have a modelkit of it that fast already.
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:

Online GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2021, 03:35:28 AM »
Agreed - definite fake.

Offline elmayerle

« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2021, 08:30:08 AM »
Is it just my imagination, or does that design appear to owe a lot to the X-32?

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2021, 09:03:48 PM »
It's the intake that starts so far forward.
Had Sukhoi gone with side intakes, people would think it owed a lot to the X-35. With a bit of YF-23 because of the tail. So... *shrugs*.
I guess there's only so many ways to skin a cat. Especially when talking about supecruising stealthy single-engined cats carrying their armament internally that should still be able to dogfight (catfight?).

FWIW, I think Sukhoi owe a lot to me.  ;D Because this looks a lot like that single-engined YF-23 profile I did many moons ago.  :icon_beer:
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2021, 10:20:26 PM »
It has been pointed out on SPF in the thread about this aircraft, that it resembles one of these

Offline The Big Gimper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2021, 06:39:07 PM »
1/72 C-130J-30 box-art.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Global Moderator
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2021, 09:41:57 AM »
Zvezda news for 2022!
LINK! to their catalogue in .pdf on vkontakte.

Glorious cover art of an all-new Su-25   :icon_beer:  :icon_beer: :icon_beer: ........ in 1/48.  :icon_twisted:  :icon_twisted:  :icon_twisted: I guess Greg will be happy. So at least there's that. Really, really hope they'll eventually scale it down to 1/72. I could use a dozen.... or two. A 1/72 Frogfoot in 2021 Zvezda quality and Zvezda prices would be just.... :-*

After some quite careful, tentative steps over the years Zvezda now seem to fully embrace 1/48.
Yak-9D
Il-2M3 Shturmovik
Mi-35M - the place-holder picture shows a Mi-35M with the President-S countermeasures turrets - neat!

1/72 gets a snap-kit Yak-9D and another Hercules (C-130J this time). Looking forward to that Yak. Even as a snap-kit it should be really nice.

1/144 gets a 757-300 and an A321neo.

1/35 armour can look forward to a T-15 heavy APC with 57mm turret, a Taifun 4x4 with 30mm turret, a Kamaz dump truck and a Kamaz 4x4 racing truck.
WWII armour in 1/35 is to get a T-70 light tank, M4A2(76), a Dodge WC51 , an STZ-5 artillery tractor and a SiS-3 76mm field gun.

In 1/72, there will be a Maus, a Pantsir S-1 (cool!) and a T-72B3.

No new ships, it seems.

Want to stick the Kamaz racing decals on a Typhoon-K MRAP.  >:D For a more "robust" version of Paris-Dakar.
Really hope the Kamaz dump truck does well. Always good to have more civilian options in 1/35, whether you use them in military dioramas or as civilian stuff in its own right.
That's not a whole lot in 1/72 aircraft this year. And no signs of a MiG-29A 9.12 or MiG-29UB 9.51. :icon_crap:

That Zvezda did an all-new T-62 and UAZ 3909 minibus/truck in 1/35 in 2021 somehow passed me by.  :o
Cheers,
Moritz

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »

That Zvezda did an all-new T-62 and UAZ 3909 minibus/truck in 1/35 in 2021 somehow passed me by.  :o

The UAZ 3909 won't be released until Feb 2022 although there are a few for sale on ebay.

Offline Spey Phantom

• 1/144 addict
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2022, 02:50:29 AM »
ok, i will try to keep politics out of the way as much as i can with this question, so please remove if it seems unfitting.

first question:

with what is going on in the Ukraine, and countries now boycotting anything Russian on the market, how will this influence the availability of Zvezda's kit in mainland Europe (or anywhere else in the world for that matter)?

Second (and edit or remove if seemed unfit):

i myself have started boycotting Zvezda.
its not due to the quality, they are still in my opinion one of the best kitmakers out there, but for warcrimes theyre country is guilty of (the war, the bombing of a maternity hospital, tageting civilians...). and as Zvezda is a state owned company, i dont want to back a warmonger.
on the bench:
-various models

on the drawing board:

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2022, 04:05:48 AM »
I think the availability of Zvezda kits (and other Russian model makers) outside of Russia is going to be limited by what's in stock in hobby stores now; that's been paid for by the importers so boycotting now doesn't hurt the Russians. Once gone, if/when sanctions are lifted, they may become available if the company survives. I won't be buying any of their kits then.

Many Ukrainian model companies are in or near Kyiv. Once the Russians are pushed out/retreat out of Ukraine, it may take a while for the Ukrainian companies to come back to speed.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2022, 09:23:29 AM »
... as Zvezda is a state owned company ...

Nils: This won't effect boycotts of Russian-made goods but I don't think Zvezda Plastic Models is state-owned. It is a limited liability company begun by the late Konstantin Krivenko, a board-game designer.

In Russian, Звезда just means 'Star' so it gets used by all kinds of companies there - including a TV network run by the Minister of Defence of the Russian Federation  :o
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."