Author Topic: 'Top Gun'  (Read 4386 times)

Offline tsrjoe

• Has been volunteered... for something...
'Top Gun'
« on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
i was given this as a tasking by a female modelling colleague ... the 'Coree' 1/9 scale resin 'Top Gun' bust featuring Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis

hmm i agree it does look a tad naff, especially as there are front line female pilots with pretty much all of NATO.s forces nowadays, oops a little 'accident with a mallet and chisel' and decapitation ensued, putting the rearmost torso against the sander removed the excess bumps, whilst a visit to the pillar drill opened up the neck area to ensure a clean'ish swop over  :o

theres stil a lot of tweaking and reshaping to go with 'Milliput' but the main bits have been pinned back together for work to commence ...

Offline Brian da Basher

• He has an unnatural attraction to Spats...and a growing fascination with airships!
  • Hulk smash, Brian bash
Re: 'Top Gun'
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 03:55:33 AM »
Yes I agree, Joe. Mr Cruise is indeed looking very girly there. Good thing he's dating that lady pilot or he might get beat up a lot.

I'm always impressed by those who can work in different subjects (planes, tanks, ships, etc.) and especially by figure modeling which I hear can be most challenging.

This one could be Oscar-winning!

Brian da Basher

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
Re: 'Top Gun'
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:47:14 AM »
Another fellow who likes to nibble on pens I see.  :D

Liked the film (especially soundtrack) but not the cast. That film changed airshows forever to theme music of hard rock and loud Country (Kenny Loggins) stuff. At a Airshow in the early 80's - with the first debut of the Thunderbirds after thier tragic loss of team and now rebuilt with F-16's, the theme for that first show was John Williams score from Superman, and it was a nice combo. After that came Top Gun. Oh Well...