Author Topic: F-19 Stealth Fighter (Testors, Monogram, Tsukuda, Araii, etc.)  (Read 5985 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Another one of those topics that has been brought up on other forums and now here as well on Beyond The Sprues.  :)

Wikipedia - F-19

Testors

Testors' F-19 Stealth Fighter available in 1/72nd, 1/48th, and 1/32nd scale.  Several clones or copies of this shape (some with minor cosmetic changes) were also made available from other companies in 1/144th, 1/72nd, and 1/48th scale, Tsukuda and Araii being two of these companies.  Someone else can fill in the blanks on who did what and in what scale for the other clones.  I know Revell Germany had their version with a slight modification to the canards in 1/48th scale. 

Links for the Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter:

(Image source: Allen B. Ury / Fantastic Plastic Models, LLC

Fantastic Plastic - Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter

Air and Space Smithsonian - A Short (Very Short) History of the F-19

Modeling Madness - Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter Kit Review by Dan Lee

Hyperscale - Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter built by David Aungst

Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter built by John Payne (more what-if and other modeling subjects can be viewed at John's (INPAYNE Model Gallery Main Page)

Google Search Results for "Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter"

Google Image Search Results for "Testors F-19 Stealth Fighter"

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Monogram

Monogram's F-19 Stealth Fighter available in 1/72nd (SnapTite) and 1/48th scale.  Unconfirmed reports (rumours) of this model being tooled in 1/32nd scale have also surfaced but without physical proof it will be hard to determine the truth behind that claim. 

(Image source: Allen B. Ury / Fantastic Plastic Models, LLC

Fantastic Plastic - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter

Anigrang - 1/144th scale SR-91 Aurora includes a bonus Loral/Monogram F-19 model

Modeling Madness - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter built by Steve Eggers

Modeling Madness - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter built by Roger Jackson

Hellenic Modellers Alliance (HEL.MO) - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter built by Thanos Mentzelopoulos

Aircraft Resource Center (ARC) - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter built by Raúl Duarte

Erick's Models - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter built by Erick Muñoz

Tom's Diner - Monogram F-19 Stealth Fighter (modified to look like the original Loral concept aircraft artwork).  Additional fictional aircraft can be viewed at Tom's Diner - Fictional Aircraft

Google Search Results for "Monogram F-19"

Google Image Search Results for "Monogram F-19"
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 04:55:03 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: F-19 Stealth Fighter (Testors, Monogram, Tsukuda, Araii, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
1/72 Monogram kit was also done in "glow in the dark" plastic.

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 11:56:38 AM »
out of those two i gotta go with the testors, it just looks more like ......... well something i like
the paper gods demand sacrifice

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:34:00 PM »
out of those two i gotta go with the testors, it just looks more like ......... well something i like

At least the Testors kit had the option for a framed or bubble canopy and I preferred the bubble canopy over the framed option.  The kit overall was too small for the stated scale.  Of course applying a bit of scale-o-rama and turning the 1/48th scale kit into a 1/72nd scale model would be an option. 

The Monogram offering was nicer looking but that rotating weapons bay was kind of toy-like.  I liked the little stealth missile but had no interest in using that in the kit, preferring to find as many as I could for use on other more conventional aircraft as a futuristic missile.  Never was satisfied with the scale on the Monogram kit either, again, too small for the stated scale and scaling down the 1/48th kit to become a 1/72nd scale or 1/144th scale aircraft would have been the best way to solve that size problem. 

It would have been nice if Monogram actually did have a 1/32nd scale version, that would take care of the size problem when you stuck a 1/48th scale cockpit in it. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 06:31:58 AM »

« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 06:33:52 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2023, 07:09:34 AM »
a nice improvement on the F-19 shape.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2023, 06:47:22 PM »
Well, I'd need to have a closer look up front, from behind, both sides, from on top & from underneath ... :P

... O-oh, you were talking about the plane! Ri-ight! I'll just mosey off over this way. Okay? :-[
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2023, 11:52:37 PM »
space hookers!

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2023, 07:20:23 AM »
Yes, "F-19" was referring to the plane not her designation or rank.  Tho her weapons are also well stealthily hidden.

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2023, 07:30:49 PM »
... her weapons are also well stealthily hidden.

:smiley: ;) :D :-*