Author Topic: "Old Type 055" class DDG (based on Pr. 63 XN cruiser), D-114 Yan'an  (Read 174 times)

Offline dy031101

• Yuri Fanboy and making cute stuff practical- at least that's the plan anyway
  • Prefers Guns And Tanks Over Swords And Magic
I've always wanted to revisit the conventional XN version of the Project 63 cruiser (see attachment) since my last botched attempt.

So I shall give it another try.

The Plan:

I want to represent a PLAN version of the design- the vessel in question will be of the same generation as the 052 class destroyers, and its weapons will largely reflect that- H/PJ-33A twin 100mm guns and Type 76A twin 37mm guns.  The then-new YJ-8A anti-ship missile was considered too short-ranged, and a cancelled fleet air-defense variant of the Type 052 class destroyer was to have the HY-1A missile (with a range of 95km v.s. YJ-8A's 40km despite being an older, albeit upgraded design) instead, so this vessel will probably have the HY-1A as well.  The primary anti-aircraft missiles will once again be the S-75M-2 systems (as the fictional HHQ-2 or Hai HongQi-2).

The aft guns will be replaced with a helicopter hangar for a Z-9 or two.

The tall mast for the ship's radars will be a major pain in the neck once again.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 01:00:59 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

Re: "Old Type 055" class DDG (based on Pr. 63 XN cruiser), D-114 Yan'an
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 03:15:30 PM »
Getting started:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 01:00:45 PM by dy031101 »
Forget about his bow and arrows- why wait until that sparrow has done his deed when I can just bury him right now 'cause I'm sick and tired of hearing why he wants to have his way with the cock robin!?

Offline dy031101

Re: "Old Type 055" class DDG (based on Pr. 63 XN cruiser), D-114 Yan'an
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 01:00:26 PM »

Progressed a little outside of the radar fit.  I expect elements of the 052 (Luhu) class destroyer to be leveraged although I wonder if the aft Type 347G radar (for fire control of the aft 37mm guns) is too close to the HHQ-2 launcher for comfort...... (comments and suggestions welcomed.)

Or I can put a little more distance by moving the helicopter facility all the way back.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 11:43:31 AM by dy031101 »