Author Topic: Various stuff from Goonie  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Goonie

• When the guy does a red tank, he does a RED tank!
Various stuff from Goonie
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:44:37 AM »
Let's pretend at least for the moment that I'm gonna finished at least 2 to 3 of presented below projects:

1. WH40K Gee-Bee
2. 1/72 Po-2 - want to build something related to Miyazaki's 'Porco Rosso' movie airplanes
3. Fallout FAV - heavily modified Jeep Willy's (Italeri 1/35 'Commando Car') with suspension transplanted from some old and terribly devastated Humvee model
4. 1/72 huge mecha + armoured infantry - remnants from some old big and unfortunately unfinished project
5. Dropship - entry from 2013 'Clear Your Workbench' so allow me to quote myself:
3.   The Dropship” – this one goes more than 2 years and it's partially scratch build, partially kitbash – cockpit, canopy some hull parts and wings came from Mil Mi-24 Hind, engines and few parts are made from Y-Wing, hull and crew transport compartment are mainly scratch build (yup, tons of putty and styrene + some model debris from V-22 Osprey) + there are parts from various other models (as I remember correctly there are even some single spare tracks from late Tiger tank ;D). The only one (and most frustrating) problem is connected with badly damaged canopy (damned glue on it + scratches :icon_sueno:) that makes me stuck on this model and I just don't want to buy new hind only to cannibalized it for its canopy. I'll try to bypass that complication by making it from scratch but I'm not sure if it came up well enough.

thread to album with photos of building process: https://imageshack.com/a/xqKC/1

6. Some figures that are in various stages of (in)completion: Starcraft Marine, Dark Nova Marine, Alien from 'Aliens', Ghost Rider and some small (in comparison to predecessors) Warhammer Marine (thought I intend to test some weathering effects on him so might be quite the challenge 8) )
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 06:10:36 PM by Goonie »
sci-fi - the best legal antidote for reality

Offline Tophe

• He sees things in double...
  • twin-boom & asymmetric fan
    • my models
Re: Various stuff from Goonie
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 01:15:38 PM »
My favorite is the Gee-Bee derivative, but do as you want, or as you can (there are 24 hours per day, alas the eyes are closing sometimes no matter if we refuse)...

Offline Goonie

• When the guy does a red tank, he does a RED tank!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 09:49:04 AM »
I've finally found some motivation and spare time to finish at least that modified Gee-Bee. Well at least I'll try to...

So far I've made some dividing lines (or rather tectonic rifts), suspension and have used tamiya panel line wash on dividing lines to see were another round of putty is required...

sci-fi - the best legal antidote for reality

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:25:26 PM »
Glad that you chose the Gee-Bee mod  :)
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."