Author Topic: SketchUp 3D Model - Tjeld (Nasty Class PTF) Wheel house WIP  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
SketchUp 3D Model - Tjeld (Nasty Class PTF) Wheel house WIP
« on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:30 AM »
While I had the telephone and internet service outage I managed to spend some time on my favourite boat project, the Nasty Class PTF.  So far I have learned that general arrangement drawings are about as useful as an ingrown hair.  While the dimensional details are usually fairly close to spec, I can not say the same for the drawings.  The original source for these general arrangement drawings was the United States Navy, Naval Sea Systems Command or NAVSEA so you would expect a certain level of accuracy but that is not the case.  Aside from that little wrinkle it has been quite fun to get reacquainted with this boat.

Some items within the model are also individual models that I created to support this project.  In particular, the compass was created with an image of a compass inserted as a skin and the domed portion of this was made transparent.  The throttle quadrant was also turned into a 3D model as was the ships wheel complete with the little sticky out thing to assist the helmsman in steering the boat in the proper direction. 

The attached images are screen captures that were then pasted into MS Paint and cropped to remove the rest of the monitor and page display and to add a note on when the image was created.  Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:08:56 AM by Jeffry Fontaine »
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: SketchUp 3D Model - Tjeld (Nasty Class PTF) Wheel house WIP
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 03:38:31 PM »
 :)
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.