Author Topic: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's  (Read 178402 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: A few 1/35 IFV's and AFV's
« Reply #1025 on: Yesterday at 09:48:18 PM »
The third and fourth ones are both Dragon BMP-2's. One is the BMP-2E Afghanistan kit and the other was a rebox by Italeri.
The BMP-2E box had a few surprises included jam packed inside. A lot fo resin and brass upgrade parts. This is only a fraction of what was included.

This is the Italeri rebox of the Dragon kit.

The Italeri BMP-2 rebox and the Trumpeter BMP-1 Shkval will both be in overall green. I am thinking of using the Mission Model MMP-032 Modern Russian Green.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #1026 on: Yesterday at 10:36:25 PM »
Movin' right along, there! :smiley: 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
« Reply #1027 on: Today at 01:48:15 AM »
Those BMPs look good!

The Mission Models paints are fantastic - as long as you follow their instructions for thinning and spraying. That's the only finicky thing about the paint.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1028 on: Today at 01:53:21 AM »
Movin' right along, there! :smiley: 8)
Yes, trying to get as much done as possible so moving along with an assembly line. I got two painted overall green in the Mission Models MMP-032 Modern Russian Green. Waiting for them to dry so I can handle them for photos. I probably won't get to photograph them until tomorrow though.

Those BMPs look good!

The Mission Models paints are fantastic - as long as you follow their instructions for thinning and spraying. That's the only finicky thing about the paint.

Thanks! I just used the Mission Models MMP-032 Modern Russian Green and it worked great as you said. It takes at least two coats over the black primer but flowed beautifully and good coverage. I will get photos posted tomorrow of the two kits I painted using that Mission Models green. I think I will have to get at least one more bottle as I really like it. I have quite a few Russian and Ukrainian vehicles that will be in overall green.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #1029 on: Today at 06:18:58 AM »
These look great.

I too had the short track business with the Skif Strela. Replaced mine with a set of Fruils, which look stellar.
The issue appears to be still out there.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #1030 on: Today at 06:48:11 AM »
These look great.

I too had the short track business with the Skif Strela. Replaced mine with a set of Fruils, which look stellar.
The issue appears to be still out there.

Thanks!

I was looking at the Trumpeter 2S1 track links which are the same as on the MT-LB/Strela but not going to worry about it as my build is going to be a what if. I got the Skif Strela kit real cheap so not really worth it replacing the tracks as the Trumpeter tracks are more than I got the Skif kit for. The Skif 2S1 tracks are also too short.