Author Topic: RC Airwolf Type Concept  (Read 1077 times)

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
RC Airwolf Type Concept
« on: August 14, 2021, 01:04:44 AM »
I've been following the Bell 360 Invictus thread on SPF, something I quite like the look of. But just a few days ago my son had been down in our Sea-Can and found an old project photo album I had made of some drawings I created for a compound helicopter. This was at the time Airwolf was on the TV, so the '80's and I had this fanciful idea of making an RC model, a fairly large one too, of something that looked like Airwolf. Things changed as I was developed it but these photos are of what I ended up with.

But I couldn't help but notice the Bell 360 has a similarity to it --- top picture is Bell 360, other two my creation.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:18:56 AM by kitnut617 »

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
Re: RC Airwolf Concept
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 01:06:49 AM »
I had thought at the time, to make a helicopter go fast, the rotor hub needed to be enclosed, so I designed something that would do that.

Offline kitnut617

• Holding Pattern
Re: RC Airwolf Concept
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 01:16:38 AM »
But eventually I worked it out that the whole concept of Airwolf just wouldn't fly (literary) and my whole project got abandoned. This led though to another project where I tried to figure out how could you make a helicopter fly really fast, what I came up with was something completely different