Author Topic: 1/35 Post Apoc figures  (Read 37827 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Re: 1/35 Post Apoc figures
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2020, 08:57:40 AM »
@Ramba - Another figure that you might be interested in is this "post-apocalyptic" from MasterBox: 35213 - Desert Battle Series An old Raider - Vadim

Thanks for the link to the MasterBox Vadim figure. I had seen it for sale but they were only available from Ukraine. Hope to see them available soon in the USA, I will be getting one.

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/browse.php?pg=1&ppp=48&sb=stocknumber&so=a&pr=1&sc=35&man=MBL
ScaleHobbyist has two of the series in stock and for sale

Thanks! I just saw Frank3k's post that he ordered it from Scale Hobbyist. I will have to order it soon.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »
Converting this Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Russian soldier. I used the head from the Nuts Planet Heavy Charger figure. I used a different head on the Nuts Planet figure. The rifle is from Tahk.

Here what they were supposed to look like.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2020, 04:53:57 PM »
Really like that head, Ramba, &, if you do the skull paint job, it'll look fantastic on that figure. 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2021, 04:17:13 AM »
Really like that head, Ramba, &, if you do the skull paint job, it'll look fantastic on that figure. 8)

Thanks! I will try to paint it like that but mine more than likely won't look anything like that HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2021, 04:26:24 AM »
My latest post apoc figures. They are Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Soviet Scouts WW2. I changed the heads to Live Resin US M17 gas mask heads. I also added new weapons. The M4 is from AFV Club and the M16A2 is from Trumpeter. I cut the winter knit beanie hats off the heads and put them on the gas mask heads. Similar style beanie hats like in the photo of the US Marines in winter gear. I will more than likely paint my figures the same way in the white and gray camo with the coyote tan beanie hats.

I have some ACU camo decals I can use for the gray pixels on the white winter uniforms. It will be close enough.

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2021, 05:07:10 AM »
Very nice! :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2021, 08:54:20 AM »
Cool! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2021, 11:51:41 AM »
So, can we expect a rather spectacular Diorama at some stage ?

These figgies are really interesting

Offline Ramba

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2021, 09:18:28 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2021, 09:36:49 PM »
So, can we expect a rather spectacular Diorama at some stage ?

These figgies are really interesting

I do plan on doing a snow diorama for these figures. Still not decided on how to lay it out though.

I have the Evolution Miniatures snowman. I trimmed the German helmet to look like a top hat.

I will be adding the other Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Soviet Scout WW2. The head was replaced with a Live Resin US M17 gas mask with hood. He will be resting the right leg on the side of the snowman. The M203 is from Trumpeter.

Here are some of the products I will be using to make the snow. A couple from Krycell and AK.

An example from the Krycell products page.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2021, 11:10:06 PM »
The Krycell stuff looks pretty good. :smiley:

Not that I'm any kind of expert on snow, now dust, on the other hand, ... ! ;D

Offline Ramba

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2021, 12:26:45 AM »
The Krycell stuff looks pretty good. :smiley:

Not that I'm any kind of expert on snow, now dust, on the other hand, ... ! ;D

The Krycell snow looks good in the product photo but not sure I can make it look as good. I'm an expert on dust as well  ;D

Offline Ramba

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »
Got some more converted to post apoc by adding the Live Resin gas masks.

For this one, besides adding the gas mask, I also changed out the rifle, boots and hands. Once I get the dio together, I need to add a rock or something raised off the ground for his right foot. It was molded that way.

Again, besides adding the gas masks, I changed out the handguns. I accidentally broke the index finger off the right hand of the guy standing. I will have to make a new one.

Here is what I am thinking of doing for the dio. This isn't the exact layout I want to do but will be something similar. Yes, I know, they are hiding behind the flammable oil drums, they could be empty though. I have other crates to add to the dio so I will more than likely have them behind the crates instead of the oil drums.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2021, 09:28:36 PM »
Nice! 8)

All you need for the first guy is a bit of undulating terrain, no rocks required! ;)

If the other two are moving in on something/one then the barrels may only be a temporary concealment, & there are plenty of things (including, but not limited to, diesel, lubricating oils, detergents & water) that come in barrels that are far from highly volatile or explosive. :smiley:

By the way, that's one Hell of a scope on that AK! :icon_surprised:

Offline Ramba

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
Nice! 8)

All you need for the first guy is a bit of undulating terrain, no rocks required! ;)

If the other two are moving in on something/one then the barrels may only be a temporary concealment, & there are plenty of things (including, but not limited to, diesel, lubricating oils, detergents & water) that come in barrels that are far from highly volatile or explosive. :smiley:

By the way, that's one Hell of a scope on that AK! :icon_surprised:

Thanks! The first figure will be added with a few other figures but not sure what the setting will be just yet. That scope is a Soviet night scope and is resin. The AK came molded with the scope from Tahk (Tank).

The oil drums shown with the two guys hiding behind them are from the Tamiya 1/35 Allied Vehicles Accessory Set. It's for WW2 but I am using them for post apoc setting. I will throw in a few of those packs and pouches as well.

I also have the Miniart 1/35 Modern Oil Drum set. I will probably paint a few colorful ones as shown on the box art and mix them in with the Tamiya ones. The Tamiya ones will more than likely get painted yellow and get the radiation symbol decals from the Miniart set.

Value Gear has a few sets I was interested in. Here are a couple I was thinking of getting. They are for WW2 trucks but can be used on the ground in pretty much any setting and of course mine will be post apoc. I will use them on a couple different dioramas.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2021, 01:05:13 AM »
You know, I've often looked at those Value Gear sets & thought they looked great but then thought "I don't have that many trucks to put gear into."

You've now given me a new perspective on these sets, as I have a considerable number of post apocalyptic builds planned for the (hopefully not too distant) future.

Thanks! :D :smiley:

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2021, 06:48:32 AM »
@Old Wombat - same problem for me as well but not for lack of trying.  Stocking up on those Intermodal cargo containers has created quite a number of possible scenes if you can find a base large enough to hold it all. 

That one crate that Ramba has looks like it originated with the old Renwal 1:32nd scale M54 series 5-ton wrecker that was released under the Revell and again under the Renwal name a few years ago.  Nice crate and a shame only one was included in the kit :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Ramba

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2021, 07:19:52 AM »
You know, I've often looked at those Value Gear sets & thought they looked great but then thought "I don't have that many trucks to put gear into."

You've now given me a new perspective on these sets, as I have a considerable number of post apocalyptic builds planned for the (hopefully not too distant) future.

Thanks! :D :smiley:

Great that the Value Gear stuff can help you out. Looking forward to seeing your post apoc builds. You will probably get to yours before me. I haven't bought any yet but do want to get them.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2021, 07:24:36 AM »
@Old Wombat - same problem for me as well but not for lack of trying.  Stocking up on those Intermodal cargo containers has created quite a number of possible scenes if you can find a base large enough to hold it all. 

That one crate that Ramba has looks like it originated with the old Renwal 1:32nd scale M54 series 5-ton wrecker that was released under the Revell and again under the Renwal name a few years ago.  Nice crate and a shame only one was included in the kit :smiley:

The big crate on the bottom is plastic and was from the Dragon 1/35 BMP-2E Afghanistan kit. I actually have two of those crates but didn't put the other one together yet. The smaller crate on top is resin from a HMMWV/DUMVEE set from maybe 15 years ago or so. I forgot the name of the resin company but they also did a LAV-25 resin update set as well.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2021, 10:40:59 AM »
Good stuff.  :smiley: Lots of diorama potential there.
It's quite interesting how changing the head and weapon is enough to transplant some figure to a different era.

<...> Yes, I know, they are hiding behind the flammable oil drums, they could be empty though. I have other crates to add to the dio so I will more than likely have them behind the crates instead of the oil drums.<...>

Nah, they're good. Those barrels are olive. Those are safe. Only red drums blow up!  ;)
The wooden boxes... not so safe to hide behind. They could shoot them, though, and maybe find some additional ammo.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2021, 11:47:48 AM »
...Nah, they're good. Those barrels are olive...

Yep. And containers of oil make good energy dissipators  ;)
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:22 PM »
Good stuff.  :smiley: Lots of diorama potential there.
It's quite interesting how changing the head and weapon is enough to transplant some figure to a different era.

<...> Yes, I know, they are hiding behind the flammable oil drums, they could be empty though. I have other crates to add to the dio so I will more than likely have them behind the crates instead of the oil drums.<...>

Nah, they're good. Those barrels are olive. Those are safe. Only red drums blow up!  ;)
The wooden boxes... not so safe to hide behind. They could shoot them, though, and maybe find some additional ammo.

Thanks! Still deciding what to use for the figures to hide behind. I will more than likely get those Value Gear items and use some of those.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2021, 09:30:23 PM »
...Nah, they're good. Those barrels are olive...

Yep. And containers of oil make good energy dissipators  ;)

I might make a couple bullet holes in one of the barrels. Nothing leaking out out of the holes though. Maybe some type of goo or liquid stains on the ground around the barrels.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
Worked on some more figures. I of course modified them to have gas masks and will be another post apoc dio as usual.

These are the figures I am using.

Here they are with the gas masks already on. I also changed out the weapons.

These show a proposed layout. Still not decided on the actual layout though. The church is the old Italeri kit. The guy behind the crates and barrels is checking on the guy lying down to see if he is dead or just wounded. The guy leaning against the wall is trying to get a magazine in the hand gun.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2021, 05:57:23 AM »
Scene with much promise