Author Topic: Another 1/35 dio base  (Read 3149 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
Another 1/35 dio base
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:02:20 AM »
Took a break from the cherry blossom dio base. I started yet another base but not sure what is going on this one just yet. This is the Alliance Model Works Small European Ruin base.

I already have a few different bases with cobblestones on them so decided to do this one a little different.  I dabbed on some Vallejo mud over the cobblestones and while still wet, I dabbed on some MiG sand pigment so the pigment sticks to the mud and dries the sand color. I did a little section by section so the mud didn't dry too quickly for the sand pigment to stick.

Here is the dio base completed. I really hate doing the rubble, so many different things to paint. Even though the rubble was covered in a layer of sand and dirt pigments, you still see the different colors of the rubble so a lot of painstakingly detail painting is required.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
Re: Another 1/35 dio base
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:31:15 AM »
You have a real talent for these bases, my friend, a real talent! :icon_alabanza:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »
You have a real talent for these bases, my friend, a real talent! :icon_alabanza:
Most definitely!!  :icon_alabanza:

Offline Ramba

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 07:02:38 AM »
Most definitely!!  :icon_alabanza:

Thanks!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2019, 05:40:44 AM »
Meng 1/35 ZU-23-2 AA gun added. The gun still needs painting. I also added some grass patches. Sort of going to be a Syrian regime scene, it might not be 100% accurate but I am known for that hahaha! I will also add some Russian advisor figures and a Syrian government alliance figure but not sure which ones just yet.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:48 PM »
 :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2020, 04:36:43 AM »
Finally finished this dio base. The figures are supposed to be DEVGRU. The two on the left were finished a couple weeks ago but the third one on the right was just finished today.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2020, 04:54:56 AM »
Very nice! Your pigmented Vallejo mud effect is excellent  :smiley:

Also good to see that SEAL Team Six is practicing social distancing and wearing face masks  ;D
You better stock up on water, canned goods off the shelves
And loot some for the old folks who can't loot for themselves
The doorbell's ringing, could be the elves
But it's probably the werewolf, it's quarter to twelve
And when it's midnight, ... the wolf bites

Offline Ramba

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »
Very nice! Your pigmented Vallejo mud effect is excellent  :smiley:

Also good to see that SEAL Team Six is practicing social distancing and wearing face masks  ;D

Thank you! Yes, they are wearing PPE masks and practicing social distancing. Not quite 6 feet apart though.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 11:07:01 AM »
1.5m in Australia, so they're doing fine by us! ;)

Fantastic base, Ramba! The figures are great, too! Really very well done! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Offline Ramba

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 08:43:36 PM »
1.5m in Australia, so they're doing fine by us! ;)

Fantastic base, Ramba! The figures are great, too! Really very well done! :icon_alabanza: :icon_alabanza:

Thank you! The camo decals make getting the figures done so much easier. I have a lot of 1/35 figures in the stash begging to get done and hope I have enough camo decals to do them all. I need more dio bases to pose the figures on. I will have to have to scratch build some.