Author Topic: Small Brown Dog Artwork and related  (Read 111077 times)

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Yappity woof grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Small Brown Dog Artwork and related
« Reply #350 on: October 13, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »
Oh great!  Now you made us all feel old!

Oh, I best not mention watching Thunderbirds first time round then   :o
Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #351 on: October 13, 2021, 06:40:29 PM »
I'll see your Thunderbirds, and raise you Supercar !    ;D ;D ;D

Mog
>^-.-^<

P.s. love the Universal Dalek
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline Robomog

« Reply #352 on: October 13, 2021, 06:47:17 PM »
Wow witches have definitely changed since my day !

Totally bonkers and beautifully rendered  :-* :-* :-*

Mog
>^-.-^<

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #353 on: October 13, 2021, 10:15:33 PM »
I feel somewhat deprived.  All we had was Clutch Cargo and Space Angel for audio-visual stimulation :(
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #354 on: October 15, 2021, 02:22:35 AM »
I'll see your Thunderbirds, and raise you Supercar !    ;D ;D ;D

I didn't want to get into palaeontology in case it really upset anyone ;)

I feel somewhat deprived.  All we had was Clutch Cargo and Space Angel for audio-visual stimulation :(

Its all out there to see ... reconnect with your inner child and cruise the fabulously ridiculous. Besides, I'm done with the real 21st century, its been such a let down.

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #355 on: January 02, 2022, 06:34:35 PM »

I remember my old man telling my 7 year old self not to forget that a new series from the makers of Stingray starts on Saturday … that was 30th September 1965. It became one of those defining moments that you have when you’re young that goes with you through the rest of your life.

Seriously, that first episode must have captivated much of the UK population of kids … and a lot of adults, my old man included.  What was not to like? Stingray was great fun but Thunderbirds was way out there with cool machines, edge of the seat action and they blew the crap out of everything in a most satisfying way.

There was perfect chemistry with Thunderbirds from the choice of voice actors to Derek Meddings wonderful creations. In fact Gerry Anderson’s universe had a profound effect on me in my developing year’s right through to the hormone awakening Lt Gay Ellis in UFO but that’s going a bit off topic I guess ;)

Seeing TB1  in the hanger and its launch sequence,  the crazy “its never gonna make it” take off of TB2 on the ramp and so on sticks in the mind BUT there is always one image you take away more than any other.

For me it was the very first touchdown of TB1 at the airport in that first episode – Trapped in the sky.  Seeing TB1 sweep in low and touch down in a cloud of smoke grabbed me on that old settee from 1965 and never let me go.

Once TB1 arrives you just knew it was all going to be alright and there have been a few times in my adult life where a metaphorical TB1 was needed which duly turned up – Man, sometimes I’m a silly old git!

Interesting snippet:
Trapped in the sky was the only episode written by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson. (I suppose everyone knows this and I'm just late to the gig).

Anyway, this is my homage to Thunderbird 1 and happy New Year to all.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #356 on: January 02, 2022, 09:13:08 PM »
Happy New Year, SBD! :smiley:

My favourite was, is & always will be Thunderbird 2. :-*

Bugger! Forgot! :-[ .... Excellent tribute to TB1, there! :smiley: :icon_alabanza:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 02:08:04 AM by Old Wombat »
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #357 on: January 03, 2022, 01:25:53 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #358 on: January 03, 2022, 07:01:31 AM »
That is a great TB1.

Nice work on that and great trip down memory lane with the Gerry Anderson stuff. I too vividly remember watching all those shows, albeit a bit later on Australian TV.
Supercar, Stingray, Fireball XL5, Space Patrol, Thunderbirds and especially Captain Scarlet, a firm favourite.

I wonder though, if they were to create Thunderbird 1 these days, would the designer have the wildly impractical Landing gear setup ?

Offline The Rat

• 70 years old, doesn't feel a day over 90.
  • Maybe I should take up the bagpipes.
« Reply #359 on: January 03, 2022, 08:31:06 AM »
Beautiful.
"Man, if you gotta ask, you ain't never gonna know!" - Louis Armstrong, when asked "What is jazz?"

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #360 on: January 03, 2022, 06:36:32 PM »
Happy New Year, SBD! :smiley:

My favourite was, is & always will be Thunderbird 2. :-*

Bugger! Forgot! :-[ .... Excellent tribute to TB1, there! :smiley: :icon_alabanza:

TB2 is a very close (almost touching) second for me and I have plans for it too.

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #361 on: January 03, 2022, 06:39:44 PM »
That is a great TB1.

Nice work on that and great trip down memory lane with the Gerry Anderson stuff. I too vividly remember watching all those shows, albeit a bit later on Australian TV.
Supercar, Stingray, Fireball XL5, Space Patrol, Thunderbirds and especially Captain Scarlet, a firm favourite.

I wonder though, if they were to create Thunderbird 1 these days, would the designer have the wildly impractical Landing gear setup ?

They modified it later in the series from a similar setup with wheels to the pads in my image.
Without "Impractical" Impossible" "crazy" and so on it would not be Thunderbirds ;)

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #362 on: January 03, 2022, 06:45:25 PM »

I have Dieselpunk Daleks and Retro blasters that I have done but not sure if they fit the bill here.

I was wondering if there was a way to lump all my posts into a single one. I doubt there is a way without involving code and SQL calls. I don't know why I ever started posting individuals in the first place.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #363 on: January 03, 2022, 07:07:55 PM »

I have Dieselpunk Daleks and Retro blasters that I have done but not sure if they fit the bill here.

Of course they do! 8)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #364 on: January 04, 2022, 01:46:49 AM »

I was wondering if there was a way to lump all my posts into a single one. I doubt there is a way without involving code and SQL calls. I don't know why I ever started posting individuals in the first place.

We can do that - just PM me the ones you would like merged.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #365 on: January 04, 2022, 03:05:59 AM »
Done.

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2022, 04:14:31 AM »

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #367 on: January 08, 2022, 06:36:20 PM »
Thunderbird 1 Cockpit reimagined

I imagine that tpeople will take my messing with the original layout as nothing short of a capital crime … perhaps it is. However, even diehard fans have to admit that those question mark control levers that Scot Tracy used for absolutely everything was a bit much.

Want to take off/land/hover/change to horizontal flight/launch remote surveillance thingies/fire steel spiky things into a mountain side to catch boulders and do just about everything else – just push them levers forward.

I suppose that’s a bit rich from someone that usually offers cars without wheels and planes without wings so I better shut up before I did a bigger hole for myself.

Incidentally, if this was the Gerry Anderson universe we were living in Jeff Tracy would be around 12-13 years old now and living on a farm in Kansas. What are the odds that there actually is a Jeff Tracy living on a farm in Kansas right now?

WIP:

Offline Robomog

« Reply #368 on: January 08, 2022, 07:22:12 PM »
Came to the party late.............

Brilliant TB1 and the revisualised cockpit.

I to am one of those who saw Thunderbirds first time round and it stuck with me for the rest of my life and like Old Wombat TB2 was my favourite Thunderbird,

We are getting close  to Thunderbird  tech  now , I belive they are piloting  video watches in Japan,  but I see no sign of wireless teapots , give it time ;)

Happy new year, stay safe

Mog
>^-.-^<

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #369 on: January 08, 2022, 07:58:18 PM »
Well, as the originals were designed to be interacted with by marionettes, I don't think Gerry would mind you making them more suitable for real people. ;)

Offline Buzzbomb

• Low Concentration Span, oft wanders betwixt projects
  • Accurate Scale representations of fictional stuff
    • Club and my stuff site
« Reply #370 on: January 09, 2022, 05:12:38 AM »
terrific renders.

The seat setup is wizard

Offline perttime

• The man has produced a Finnish Napier Heston Fighter...need we say more?
« Reply #371 on: January 09, 2022, 02:39:49 PM »
I imagine that tpeople will take my messing with the original layout as nothing short of a capital crime … perhaps it is. However, even diehard fans have to admit that those question mark control levers that Scot Tracy used for absolutely everything was a bit much.

Want to take off/land/hover/change to horizontal flight/launch remote surveillance thingies/fire steel spiky things into a mountain side to catch boulders and do just about everything else – just push them levers forward.

Perhaps the seat was reading his intentions straight from the brain, and pushing the levers just confirmed it?

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #372 on: January 09, 2022, 06:15:48 PM »

Perhaps the seat was reading his intentions straight from the brain, and pushing the levers just confirmed it?

Like in the Firefox movie or similar - hell, why not. They talked to teapots in the series ;)

Offline Small brown dog

« Reply #373 on: January 09, 2022, 06:20:08 PM »

We are getting close  to Thunderbird  tech  now , I believe they are piloting  video watches in Japan,  but I see no sign of wireless teapots , give it time ;)

Happy new year, stay safe

Mog
>^-.-^<

Tea making in the 21st Century requires login credentials and good signal strength :)

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #374 on: January 09, 2022, 07:04:23 PM »
Here's a point: Why isn't it fly-by-wire? Small joystick control on the right chair arm & a bigger panel for switches on the left with angled panels at the front? ???

Almost looks Korean/Vietnam War vintage. ;)