Author Topic: 1/35 Stalker Diorama  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Ramba

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
1/35 Stalker Diorama
« on: August 19, 2019, 02:08:52 AM »
I am using the Black Dog small rock base to make a stalker diorama. The base is only 60x60mm. I started by painting the base dark granite then flat brown for the dirt. I dry brushed the granite gray over the dark granite. I then lightly dry brushed the tan earth over the granite gray. I also dry brushed the tan earth over the flat brown.

I am using the Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker figure. I drilled out the original gas mask and replaced with a Live Resin one.

Dry fitting the figure on the base just to see how it looks.

I collected some twigs from the yard to make my own pine trees. I bought some dried/asparagus ferns online for the pine tree branches.

I drilled small holes into the twigs and used white glue on the end of the fern then stuck it into the hole I pre-drilled. The tree is roughly 180mm high.

Testing the location of the stalker figure and first tree on the base.

Second pine tree added for some depth. Almost there. Some small touch ups on the base and then I can move on to the figure. Still not sure what camo I want to put on it though.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: 1/35 Stalker Diorama
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 02:25:25 AM »
 :smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline ChernayaAkula

• Was left standing in front when everyone else took one step back...
  • Global Moderator
  • Putting the "pro" in procrastination since...?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:09:48 AM »
Lovin' this!  :-*

Spent so much time playing these games.
Cheers,
Moritz

"The appropriate response to reality is to go insane!"

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 07:10:50 AM »
Looking good!  The one image with the two faces in gas masks and the one on the right looks like a Hamster :smiley:
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »
This is awesome! 8)

Have the STALKER games on my PC, I really should play them again ... but I'm a bit hooked on World of Tanks, at the moment. ::)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the project stalled. I was applying some camo decals to the figure and the decals would not conform even with Micro Set and Micro Sol. I even used hot water with a cotton swab to roll over the decals and no use. The printed camo started to flake off the decal paper. Looking into different camo decals and a friend of mine is sending me some others. It won't be for another couple weeks at least until I get back to it.

Offline Ramba

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 10:06:30 PM »
Looking good!  The one image with the two faces in gas masks and the one on the right looks like a Hamster :smiley:

The one you said looks like a hamster is actually nicknamed hamster hahahaha!

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/live-resin-lre-35275-pbf-hamster-russian-airborne-vdv-gas-mask-w-ozk-hood--1000859

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 10:24:06 PM »
Thanks everyone!

Unfortunately the project stalled. I was applying some camo decals to the figure and the decals would not conform even with Micro Set and Micro Sol. I even used hot water with a cotton swab to roll over the decals and no use. The printed camo started to flake off the decal paper. Looking into different camo decals and a friend of mine is sending me some others. It won't be for another couple weeks at least until I get back to it.

Well, I, for one, will be waiting! :smiley:
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 04:39:46 AM »
Well, I, for one, will be waiting! :smiley:

As will I   :D
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline Ramba

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »
Thanks again everyone!

While waiting for new decals for the stalker figure I started another Black Dog diorama base. I cut out the resin tree trunk and replaced it with a real branch from the yard. I chose one with bark peeling off for more character. I used the same technique as I did in the original post for the pine trees but used two different types of ferns for them this time. Also used the same technique for the painting and weathering of the base.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 11:36:23 PM »
You're ace-ing it with those bases, mate! :smiley: 8)

Offline Ramba

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 01:05:42 AM »
Got the camo decals on the figure. It is the Russian Flora camo. I also started dusting it with dirt pigments but not done yet, I still have to do the right arm and hood. There are some other spots that need some fine touching up to do here and there. I need to get the shine off the body. I used flat coat but still has a little shine to it.

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Yappity woof grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 03:00:42 AM »
Outstanding ;)
Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 10:52:45 AM »

Offline Robomog

• ...had a very bad experience with [an] orange...
  • Would you buy a used kit from this man?
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2019, 03:07:34 AM »
Mostly Harmless...............

Offline taiidantomcat

• Plastic Origamist...and not too shabby with the painting either!
  • Stylishly late...because he was reading comics
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2019, 05:11:43 AM »
 :-*

Amazing Great figure, cool composition. Just great  :smiley:
"They know you can do anything, So the question is, what don't you do?"

-David Fincher

Offline Ramba

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 08:23:33 AM »
Thanks everyone!

Offline Ramba

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 11:40:35 PM »
After almost 4 weeks since last working on the stalker dio, I added some 1mm OD conduit for the oxygen hose. As you can see, I still need to flat coat everything.

Offline Old Wombat

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2019, 12:59:15 AM »
Woh! :icon_surprised: Coming along really well, Ramba! 8) :smiley: